Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comodo Defense+ not recognizing Avast Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dborns

Dborns

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:41 AM

I've had Comodo firewall and Avast AV for awhile now with no issues.  I just renewed my Avast AV Free and it upgraded/ updated the program.  Since then, I constantly have popups from Comodo Defense+ anytime I'm on the internet because Avast is running and its wanting me to "Allow this request".  I've googled how to make Avast a trusted program in Comodo, but all the instructions are very hard for me to understand.  Can someone explain how to get the Defense+ to recognize the new Avast program and not have the constant popups asking me to allow the program to do what its supposed to do automatically?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:04 PM

Hi -

There are times when "Exclusions" are required to be added to updated versions -

General Comodo settings and Exclusions but not a lot about the Firewall, but general information
More specific Comodo Exclusions related to Firewalls -

Hope these help -

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,070 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:29 AM

Is it just Comodo Firewall or Comodo Internet Security which includes Firewall?

There have been numerous reported issues between Comodo and avast for the past couple years...just read the complaints at both forums.

One recommended solution to get them to play nice with each other is to do this:

1. Open Comodo go to Defense + > Defense+ settings > Execution Control Settings > Buffer Overflow protection > Exclusion and add all Avast! folders from Program files and Documents and Settings.

2. Open Avast! go Behavior Shield > Trusted Processes and add these Comodo files: cfp.exe, cfpconfg.exe, cmdagent.exe

This How to Install Comodo Firewall guide has information on configuration of anti-virus and Defense+.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 Dborns

Dborns
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:37 AM

I'm just using Avast Free and Comodo Free Firewall with the Defense+.  The Avast program upgraded and thats when the problems started.  I haven't had any issues with the two programs working together until now.  Its the Defense+ program that has pop-ups anytime Avast tries to do anything and its asking me to "allow this request".  I've gone to Defense+ and under "View Active Process List", I've right clicked on all Avast files and changed them to "trusted" and that fixes it for awhile, and then it starts again.  If I disable Defense+, I get zero popups. 

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,070 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:24 PM

It's obviously an issue Comodo needs to address.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users