Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer Windows 7 Printing Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dcstim

dcstim

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:11 AM

Hi,

I have an Acer laptop running Windows 7.  I have just bought a new Epson wireless printer and after following all of the setup instructions the printer cannot print anything.  If I send a a simple text file from notepad it works, but if I try to use Word nothing happens and no document appears in the print queue.  The printer is by the router so there is no signal issue.  If i try and print a web page I get a script error.  

I took the first printer back, but the second ( a different model) is no better.

I have looked on the internet, but cannot find anything.

Can anyone help?

many thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:31 AM

Try this:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/find-a-printer-HP003077100.aspx

#3 dcstim

dcstim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:50 AM

Thanks for that, but that isn't the problem,

The printer is visible in "Devices & Printers".  It even shows up as the default printer when selecting the print option from Word, however when you select the print option nothing happens, the document doesn't even show in the print queue!  If I send something from Notepad it will print - very confusing!

#4 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:12 AM

Gotta be a setting problem give this a go

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Troubleshoot-printer-problems

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users