Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ipad Problems again?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:45 AM

Okay I am getting very frustrated with Apple products.

The home modem went US and I got a new one but to get back on line with my Ipad OS7.03 was a task in it's own but I still can't get mail? When I select mail I get can not connect to server? Same with my MacBook Air, When I try to log onto my Hotmail account via safari I get a message saying I need Java?

With my W7 laptop it just automatically hooked into the new modem via wifi and no problems.

So any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:35 AM

Are the SSID's the same on the wireless network? Also if you change routers and modems your devices will treat them as new SSID's. You will need the same SSID and Password to enter on the apple products. You can confirm this via Windows 7 Wifi Settings.

#3 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:14 AM

Hi Cryptodan. Yes I had set up the SSID etc for the new modem and was online okay with that. The main problem was with mail as it wasn't automatically downloading my mail from Hotmail & Gmail etc all I was getting was server not found. After quite awhile the mail began coming in on the Ipad even though the message saying server not found is still being displayed. Same with the MacBook air although the message re server not found has now disappeared on that. After years on Windows machines I am finding Apple very different especially for an old bloke like myself? Anyway thanks very much for input and I will see how it goes because all seems okay now apart from the one message on the Ipad.... :thumbup2:

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:36 AM

have you tried readding the accounts?

#5 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:52 PM

Sorry Cryptodan for not replying for so long as I have got myself into more troubles due to me not being familiar with Apple. Anyway all seems okay now for reasons unknown. Slowly getting the hang of Apple but as the old saying goes you can't teach an old dog new tricks but will get there in the end...hopefully?

Thanks for you help though I don't know what I would do with you guys.

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:13 PM

You are welcome, and we are always here. I have had an iPhone for 3 years now, and will not switch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users