Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Home Premium Installation ISO

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ndonaldson2912

ndonaldson2912

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:08 PM

Hi guys,

I'm trying to reinstall Windows 7 Home Premium (64 Bit) back on to my laptop but can't find my installation disk. Does anyone know where I could download an ISO?

Thanks,

Norman

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:03 PM

You can download a ISO image of Windows 7 at the Window Seven Forums.  You will need to burn the ISO image to a DVD to create a bootable disc.

This ISO download is legal, it was hosted by Digital River who is a distribution partner of Microsoft.  You will need a valid product key in order to activate this copy of Windows 7.

To burn a ISO file to a CD or DVD please downlaod ImgBurn and install it.

Insert blank CD or DVD into your CD/DVD drive.

Open ImgBurn, and click on Write image file to disc.

ImgBurn1_zps715cb1c2.png

Click on the Browse for a file icon:

ImgBurn2_zpsaea72ba9.png

Locate the ISO file you want to burn, and click on the Open button.

Click on the blue arrow to start burning the bootable CD.

imageburn11_zpse44f577b.png

Edited by hamluis, 13 November 2013 - 04:22 PM.
Fixed typo - Hamluis.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 ndonaldson2912

ndonaldson2912
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

Thank you very much

#4 ndonaldson2912

ndonaldson2912
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:30 PM

Hi guys,

Download link worked 100% (Thanks again) however, I found myself in a confusing situation...

The laptop in which I was reinstalling windows 7 on, had the sticker with the license key on it removed. So to find out the product key, I used nirsoft.
Sure enough, it displayed at 25 digit code that I wrote down. After re-installing the OS it asked me for this code, and I entered it....

When windows loaded shortly after, it said the code was invalid and gave me a C004E003 Error (Software License issue) 

I ran the SLIU.EXE 4 program and followed online activation instructions (it didnt provide me with the automated telephone option)

When following the instructions it said my copy of windows was genuine.

However, windows was still showing a 30 day activation period??! Whats wrong here? Surely the code I got off nirsoft was genuine? 

N

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:32 AM

Windows has a product key, and a default product key.  Both are 25 character alphanumerical codes.  The default product code cannot be used to activate the operating system.

You can find both of these using SIW (System Information for Windows), it will list the Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Default Product Key and the Windows Product Key.

Some product downloads contain third party software included in the installation.  The check boxes for the third party software come with the check mark already placed in the box.  To avoid downloading these use the Custom Installation option and read each page to make sure what you are agreeing to.  This may or may not be applicable to the suggested download, but these third party software are becoming prevalent enough to warrant this warning. 

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,086 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:25 PM

You may want to initate a topic at http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=genuinewindows7 .

Louis

#7 ndonaldson2912

ndonaldson2912
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:58 PM

Once again dc3 thanks for your fast and informative response. I decided in the end to install a fresh copy. So the 25 digit key I got from nirsoft isn't the product used to activate windows??

Norman

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:47 PM

To determine that you should use SIW to see what is listed as the product key and which is the default key.  They are labeled just as I posted them previously.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users