Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best Free Media Player

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 cyclernyc

cyclernyc

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 PM

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:23 PM

Hi -

I've got a PC using Windows 7 and I am looking for a free media player that lets me play and transfer WMA files to an MP3 player.

Anything but Windows Media Player.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:44 PM

Try VLC.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 DJ_KIRO

DJ_KIRO

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

I don't know about anyone else but since windows me to windows 7, I have been using media player classic. I personally like K-lite mega codec which includes media player classic. Also might like Winamp media player. As for transfering media to mp3 player, don't know what kind you have. But on my sandisk sansa you can transfer media without any software by right clicking and sending song to the mp3 player.

Edited by DJ_KIRO, 13 November 2013 - 03:13 PM.

#4 cyclernyc

cyclernyc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 PM

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:12 PM

I don't know about anyone else but since windows me to windows 7, I have been using media player classic. I personally like K-lite mega codec which includes media player classic. Also might like Winamp media player. As for transfering media to mp3 player, don't know what kind you have. But on my sandisk sansa you can transfer media without any software by right clicking and sending song to the mp3 player.

Thanks for responding - I've got a Sansa Express and the M250.  Will that work for them?  Is it that I use the USB and when it is connected it will show as an option when I click the song?

Try VLC.

Thanks!

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:06 AM

About VLC conversion http://jhein.de/2013/05/28/convert-wma-to-mp3-with-vlc/

Tekken

#6 MarkuZ

MarkuZ

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:35 PM

I've been using KMPlayer for years and it works fine. Last version is beautiful, altough I'm not completely used to it yet.

#7 DJ_KIRO

DJ_KIRO

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:48 PM

Thanks for responding - I've got a Sansa Express and the M250.  Will that work for them?  Is it that I use the USB and when it is connected it will show as an option when I click the song?

I have a Sansa Clip + when I am charging through my usb, I usally add a song or 2.  All I do is right click the file and send to my sansa player and that it. Never bothered  installing any software that came with it. I am using a Laptop with Windows 7 to do this.

#8 panologic

panologic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:47 PM

i recommend you real player. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users