Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network and Audio Services not running

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 subby6

subby6

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:04 AM

I'm fixing this PC which had a dead power supply and it also fried a couple capicators. I replaced the PSU and the motherboard. Now i booted into Windows and its quite slow and has a few issues.

Issues:

- The Audio Service is not running.

- Connection status is unknow. The Service to detect this status is turned off.

- Amazon cloud is not responding.

- Google profile error.

- Event Log Service is not running.

- Windows Installer Service is not running.

I was able to fix the installer service by setting it to automatic. Which then allowed me to install the new drivers for the motherboard. And also remove some unnecessary files inside programs and features in control panel.  Ran CCleaner too, and the PC is now quicker.

Some of these programs i removed looked malicious, registry boosters, toolbars etc. I think maybe one of them has hijacked the services.

What steps can i take?

Oh yeh, Computer is running Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit.

Edit: I found out why the services not running, msconfig was in selective mode. I will run malwarebytes scan and try fix the other 2 errors.

Edited by subby6, 13 November 2013 - 06:23 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users