Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP - virus- no internet- no usb - no dvd drive

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BuckeyeElectronics

BuckeyeElectronics

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:56 PM

I have a windows xp (home edition) that is giving me a hell of a time. Malwarebytes is already installed, but its corrupt. I cant use a flash drive to try and reinstall it or anything else for that matter because it will not recognize it.  I even tried putting it on a disc and it will not recognize the disc. I cant access System restore, I cant acces the internet. I have even taken the HD out and scanned it with another computer and the first time Malwarebytes found "F:\TRiLOGI\TL6Edu\public\help\emailsetup1.jpg (Extension.Mismatch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully."   Scanned with Norton 360 and found "Bloodhound.MalPE"  and "TrojanMaljava" (a few files) and removed those. 

The computer would originally not boot in anything other than safe mode, now ive made SOME progress and it boots normally. But without internet, usb access, system restore capability, and DVD drive access. 

I have NO IDEA what to do next.  SO FRUSTRATED!  Someone, anyone... help.

Edited by hamluis, 12 November 2013 - 05:52 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,663 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

I'll report this topic to appropriate helpers.

1. Please let us know what Windows version you have and if it's 32- or 64-bit.
2. Is the computer bootable in any mode?

Hold on there....

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 BuckeyeElectronics

BuckeyeElectronics
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:51 AM

It is now bootable in both modes. It is just telling me XP Home Edition so im going to assume its 32bit

#4 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,932 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:06 AM

Hi, my apologies for the delay, please let me know if you still need help with this issue.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users