Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Freezing, Possible Hard Drive Problems

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 DarkoMtc

DarkoMtc

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

Hey, I have the same problem. Could it be that is the same error(hdd)? My computers just freezes, first 10 sec I can move mouse, and after, everything stops, exept for the cpu fan. It speed's up a little bit, and stands like that until I restart my computer. I tried a few error test, I "fixed" registry errors...none of that helped.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/HcWAcTA3Qo1VC66yN36O8x6

Thank you. My computer is new, so I have warranty. I just need to be sure.

Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486134/computer-freezes-have-to-hard-reboot-help/page-0 - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 12 November 2013 - 04:13 PM.
PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Quantum41

Quantum41

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:39 AM

Hey, I have the same problem. Could it be that is the same error(hdd)? My computers just freezes, first 10 sec I can move mouse, and after, everything stops, exept for the cpu fan. It speed's up a little bit, and stands like that until I restart my computer. I tried a few error test, I "fixed" registry errors...none of that helped.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/HcWAcTA3Qo1VC66yN36O8x6

Thank you. My computer is new, so I have warranty. I just need to be sure.

What are your 3 partitions for? Your drive is Partitioned into 3 even parts. What other Operating systems are you running in these?

My Blog www.theanyblog.com

Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit CPUIntel Core i7 3820 Sandy Bridge-E 32nm Technology RAM16.0 GB Single-Channel DDR3 
MotherboardSABERTOOTH X79 (LGA2011) GraphicsNVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

#3 DarkoMtc

DarkoMtc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:42 AM

1. system(C:)

2.(D:) and 3.(E:) is my storage space.

#4 Quantum41

Quantum41

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:42 AM

Why did you partition for storage space??

Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit CPUIntel Core i7 3820 Sandy Bridge-E 32nm Technology RAM16.0 GB Single-Channel DDR3 

#5 DarkoMtc

DarkoMtc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:01 PM

I don't understand. It's the way it's supposed to be. System and your files should not be at the same place.
GQLTETQ.png Like this...

#6 Quantum41

Quantum41

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:10 PM

That works yes but it will slow down a computer and can cause some misfires when your hard drive us searching for data. Partitions are most commonly for operating systems and such. Having it broken up like that can be hard on the system

#7 DarkoMtc

DarkoMtc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:51 PM

That is not the cause of my problem...100%. Anything else on your mind? :P

#8 DarkoMtc

DarkoMtc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

Anyone?

#9 slgrieb

slgrieb

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

Looking at your previous posts, I think your drive is OK. So the next diagnostic I'd suggest is MemTest86+.  The site contains comprehensive info on using the tool. I'd just emphasize testing one module at a time. Also,I think memory diagnostics are the least reliable hardware tests. A module that fails a test is definitely bad, but I've had a lot of memory pass tests when the RAM was bad. Generally, if you have access to compatible memory, I'd suggest swapping it out and see how the system performs. Otherwise, MemTest86+ or running Prime95 in Windows are your best bets to test your memory.

Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is... 
WIFFLEBALL!

#10 DarkoMtc

DarkoMtc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:09 PM

Generally, if you have access to compatible memory, I'd suggest swapping it out and see how the system performs.

What do you mean by this? I'm not engish, it's kind of hard to understand.
Do you mean that I pull out 1 memory stick and try my system? Is that so, or something else...
Thank you for your respond. :)
EDIT: I'll run tests also...If I find out how to do that xD(because it's not .exe program or such...)

Edited by DarkoMtc, 13 November 2013 - 06:12 PM.

#11 DarkoMtc

DarkoMtc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:01 PM

hmm?

#12 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:22 AM

Memtest86+ Guide-How To's - Overclockers Forums - http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=409152

"Swapping" generally refers to removing a given component...and replacing it with a similar, known-good component...that can help pinpoint whether the problem is that specific component or something else.

Louis

#13 DarkoMtc

DarkoMtc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:04 PM

I don't have any memory to swap. Can I remove one from computer, and then try to see if it crashes, and later other one... To try them out... maybe only one of them is faulty.
And yeah. Thank you for info about memtest. :) I'll try it in few days.
One question. Is it posible that the cause of my problem is hackin/pinging or what ever thing like that. - I host server on my computer, maybe someone doesn't like that. (Everyone can have my IP, it's the IP of server I'm hosting)(game server-minecraft) I'm not sure, but I think there's some kind of pattern. (only 20% sure, but there's a possibility)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users