Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LogonUI.exe System Error libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 curtisk83

curtisk83

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:02 PM

My workstation is giving me an error message anytime I try to lock (Windows Key + L or any other action, including CTRL-ALT-DEL) or unlock (Pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL at the lock screen) the computer.

My helpdesk copied in the missing file, only to cause a black screen to displayed instead of the login screen after trying to unlock the computer. I've renamed the file which allows me to log in and out, but still displays the missing file error. This never happened before since I've been here in April. I believe some program is being called that should not be and hoping to find some suggestions for how to remove the call to the file.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:49 PM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 curtisk83

curtisk83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

Hi, thanks for the reply. Due to this being a work machine, sharing sensitive user details or machine data is not possible. I was looking for a more generic troubleshooting of the LoginUI problem itself. I have ran scans with the Microsoft Live Safety Scanner, mbam, ccleaner all with no results.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:00 PM

Run the scan and see if there is any information that would compromise your security, I think you will find that it does not.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users