Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Add-on Troubleshooting Question

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 GussNemo

GussNemo

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:42 PM

I came upon this problem while trying to upload photos to Photobucket using IE 10.  Once upon a time, before Photobucket redid their site, and my IE upgraded to IE 10, I had no problems uploading photos.  But now when trying to upload to Photobucket, all I get is a photo placard with the "wait" icon in the middle, and nothing uploads.

I have since learned that running IE 10 without add-ons enabled allows me to upload to Photobucket but not to another site I use.  So I've been trying to disable the add-ons one at a time to see if I can determine which is the killer add-on and either disable it or remove it.  I have run across an YrJie New Games add-on which I cannot disable because the enable/disable buttons are grayed.  I learned where this add-on resides but am unsure if removing it from that location will actually remove this as an add-on.  Looking at the properties of this icon it says IeAdsBlocker.dll, and it resides in the Program Files folder all by its lonesome.  I'd like to know if removing this icon would remove YrJie New Games in the add-ons window or exactly how it should be removed.

And because I'm not a techno savvy person in this area, how can I determine which, if any, add-ons really need loaded?  What is needed for any site I visit?  Just visiting sites using IE poses no problems, unless I'm uploading photos.  As I said above, disable one thing and it affects another site.

Edit:  It appears I've placed this question in the wrong section.  Please feel free to move this post.

Edited by GussNemo, 12 November 2013 - 02:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:46 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  When the  FileHippo website opens, click on Download latest version in the upper left pane.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Double click on the download and choose to run the program.

A screen similar to the one below will open, click any key to run the program.

securitycheck_zpscfb86945.png

When the scan is finished you will have a log similar to the one below, copy and then paste your log in your next post.

securitylog_zps5e004078.png

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 GussNemo

GussNemo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:04 PM

@dc3:  Thank you for replying to my post.  Below is the snapshot from Speccy.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/qA8NwbIsDMJmUWfHatpVvch

My next post will have the Security Check results.

#4 GussNemo

GussNemo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:13 PM

@dc3:  Here are the results from Security Check.

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.77 
 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x86 (UAC is enabled) 
 Internet Explorer 10 Out of date!
``````````````Antivirus/Firewall Check:``````````````
 Windows Firewall Enabled! 
avast! Internet Security  
 Antivirus up to date!  
`````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:`````````
 Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.70.0.1100 
 Out of date Malwarebytes Anti-Malware installed!
 CCleaner    
 Java 7 Update 45 
 Adobe Flash Player  11.9.900.117 
 Adobe Reader XI 
 Mozilla Thunderbird (3.1.7) Thunderbird out of Date! 
````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent```````` 
 Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice.exe 
 Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui.exe 
 Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamscheduler.exe  
 Alwil Software Avast5 AvastSvc.exe 
 Alwil Software Avast5 afwServ.exe 
 Alwil Software Avast5 AvastUI.exe 
`````````````````System Health check`````````````````
 Total Fragmentation on Drive C: 1%
````````````````````End of Log``````````````````````

Again, thanks for the help.

Edit: Malwarebytes has been updated.  Thunderbird is on the computer but is not used.  Updating to IE 11 is not an option, yet.

Edited by GussNemo, 13 November 2013 - 02:17 PM.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:53 AM

Try using the directions found here to uninstall the YrJie New Games.

You may want to run the full scan with Malwarebytes.  I know you just updated your definitions, but do update them before running the scan.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 GussNemo

GussNemo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:44 AM

@dc3:  That information helped remove the YrJie New Games add-on, but didn't solve the problem of not being able to upload to Photobucket using IE 10; as I hoped it would.

Would it help in trying to solve this problem to disable all add-ons manually then enable them one at a time to see which one "kills" uploading to Photobucket?  I have gone the route Accessories/System Tools/Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) but the add-ons still show enabled/disabled in the Manage Add-ons window.

Edited by GussNemo, 14 November 2013 - 10:46 AM.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

The elimination process does work, give it a try.

Alternately you could download another browser, like Firefox or Chrome.  I use Chrome and get my updates, so it wouldn't interfere with that aspect. 

#8 GussNemo

GussNemo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:49 PM

@dc3:  Thanks for the help.  As I'm not really thrilled about having a third browser on our system, I'll give the elimination process a try first.  And if I can't figure out which is the "killer" add-on, I can still upload using Opera.

#9 GussNemo

GussNemo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:50 AM

UPDATE:

After reading much about Add-ons, on several sites, one site mentioned Ad Block(s) could also cause IE 10 not to function properly.  Going back into IE 10 Manage Add-ons I saw an add-on for Avast! Ad Blocker, and disabled this add-on.

Went to Photobucket, and another site where I encountered problems, to see if I could now upload a photo, and photo uploading proceeded without any problems.  On both sites.  So it appears my IE 10 problem has been solved.

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:49 PM

Glad to hear you resolved the issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users