Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

installing win7 on a laptop with windows8

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stanq45

stanq45

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:30 AM

hi
i have a Samsung NP 300,laptop which i want to install win 7,it has windows8 and phoenix secure-core tiano setup,i have disabled secure boot,enabled legacy support,changed the OS mode Selection to csm,but it wont boot from cd and when i go to boot device priority there's only windows manager 1 and 2,i cant see the cd room,hdd or usb.

thank
stan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:49 AM

Hi

Disabling "Secureboot" and enabling "Legacy mode" is supposed to enable booting Windows 7 . Samsung is the only company who still supports "Windows XP" on newer models ( Win 7 and XP drivers are available for almost all of their models). 

Have you tried USB boot ?.

#3 stanq45

stanq45
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:07 AM

hi anshad

thanx for the reply,i have tried every trick i know nothing is working out,i was thinking if i update the firmware it may work,but i cant find a site where to download from.the Phoenix site is not helping.any sugestions?

stan

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:21 AM

Hi

Have you checked in the "Samsung" support site ?.

http://www.samsung.com/in/support/download/supportDownloadMain.do

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users