Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is the free Antivirus scan really genuine

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 laser13

laser13

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:38 AM

It has been long time since i used antivirus on my pc, my pc has been functioning extremely slow recently when i decided to purchase enetfix online antivirus, they showed on free scan which found a number of virus and malware. How do i know if the scan has performed genuinely and the report is correct?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:55 AM

I'm a little puzzled as to why after being content to use no antivirus (definitely not wise) you would then suddenly consider paying for an unknown quantity, when you could use known free offerings such as Avast Free or Microsoft Security Essentials.

However to double-check the status of your system as it stands, you could try a scan from another dependable online source, such as BitDefender:

http://quickscan.bitdefender.com/

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,053 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:30 AM

I'm a little puzzled as to why after being content to use no antivirus (definitely not wise) you would then suddenly consider paying for an unknown quantity, when you could use known free offerings such as Avast Free or Microsoft Security Essentials.

I have to concur.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 Will5200

Will5200

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:49 AM

I can only include what the WOT add-on for Firefox has to say: http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/enetfix.com?utm_source=addon&utm_content=popup-donuts. I suggest you follow the suggestions of Platypus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users