Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dual boot

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kennyg74

Kennyg74

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:17 PM

Hi

I have a dell desktop pc with a sata hard drive with windows 7 supplied.

I installed a second hard drive and formatted/installed windows xp.

On reboot I got nldr not found, so I disconnected the xp drive so it's back to the original setup but now the windows 7 won't start. I get,
Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem.

Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware.

Please check the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information.

Any advise please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:10 PM

You need to install xp first, then windows 7. c has to be xp , d has to be win 7.

If you can make dell recovery disk, and reinstall the win 7 on d drive while c has xp

the install will create the boot loader for duel boot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users