Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista laptop won't boot up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 956 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:02 PM

Hi guys.

FUJITSU SIEMENS AMILO Li 1818

Well I came back from a 2 week fly drive to California this week. I was sorting out all my picture when there was a knock at the door my suitcase had arrive (another long story). I answered the door and came back to my laptop it had locked up. I switched it off and waited a couple of minutes. I switched it back on and nothing the screen was black.

The hard drive light is on and it spins for a couple of seconds. I removed the new battery and pressed the power button for a minute to drain any charge left in, still nothing. I plugged in my spare monitor just in case the LED screen had gone again and pressed Fn+F4 to switch screens, nothing.

I removed the CMOS battery and did a power drain, nothing. I removed the memory chip and cleaned connection (I don't have a spare memory chip), nothing. I removed the hard drive and put it in a caddy everything reads ok on WinXP. I did a backup of the WinRE factory install folder just in case I needed a new hard drive. I ran a Scandisk on a restart all ok.

So it looks like the motherboard is fooked. I'm using my new Windows 8 laptop at the moment which I hate.

I had a similar problem with my new Windows 8 laptop but I removed the battery and drain the system and it started up, nothing so simple here.

Any suggestions?

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:43 PM

Hello keithuk. I have noticed that the date of this post goes back several days to November 11. I am responding to this post and asking you if you have resolved this problem yet? If not, then I feel it's time you got a response from someone and hopefully we can figure out what went wrong and if it can be corrected or fixed.

Please reply to this topic.

Kind regards...

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users