Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tube Dimmer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Andy Pham

Andy Pham

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:17 AM

So I was using an installer. It had installed tube dimmer even though I cancelled it. I've used Rkill but it couldn't find it. I've already uninstalled it from the control panel. But it still is running. I've also check my processes in task manage, tube dimmer isn't there. I've also tried deleting it from my hard drive manually but it reappears every time.

Here's the RKill Log

http://pastebin.com/Z8kTVY3A

Edit-

I've just used both JRT and Adw, neither were able to get rid of tube dimmer. I've also uninstalled the chrome my main browser.

Ran vevo uninstaller appears tube dimmer isn't running in background anymore but. The files are still in my hard drive. There's this one seed file that I am unable to gain the location of and is locked.

http://prntscr.com/23g1nk

Edited by Andy Pham, 11 November 2013 - 11:30 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Master Surgeon General

• Malware Response Team
  • 11,693 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:25 PM

See if using Revo Uninstaller Free or Portable, which will perform a more thorough job of removal will help. Here are the instructions for using it.

No request for help throughout private messaging will be attended.

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware!
btn_donate_SM.gif

#3 Andy Pham

Andy Pham
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:57 PM

I've done a second scan using Revo, this time it appears to work. I haven't found that locked file so I think it is solved.

#4 JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Master Surgeon General

• Malware Response Team
  • 11,693 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:03 PM

Great. Let me know is there is something else I can do for you.

No request for help throughout private messaging will be attended.

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware!
btn_donate_SM.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users