Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

receiving emails

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:21 AM

HI,I am having problems with COMCAST emails along with a lot of other people,my question is does it make a difference what email provider you use or like me i use COMCAST internet to provide my email service as they are my provider right now,thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:52 AM

You do NOT have to use Comcast email. There is no requirement that you have to do so.

If you want to use a different email such as gmail, hotmail, yahoo you can. They are free and not tied to your internet provider.

I also have Comcast. I rarely use my Comcast email address. My main email address is my msn mail, which I set up long ago.

Comcast is having a lot of issues with Xfinity Connect (online web access to mail). They are aware of the issues and are working on fixes, which had a target release date of November 5th. There has been no word if it was released or not. What I do know is that we have a running joke at Comcast Help Forum-when they fix or update they break something that used to work. The email forum at Comcast is full of complaints about Comcast mail. If you haven't discovered those posts you can read them there to see how disgusted people are with Xfinity Connect.

From here http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/RELEASE-Xfinity-Connect-3-1-2/td-p/1879983

Xfinity Connect 3.1.2

Target Release Date: 11-5-2013 (this will be rolled out over a 2 week period)

Release Notes

FIXED: Copy/paste issue for all browsers
FIXED: Message list scrolling and focus shifting to top
FIXED: Issue with refreshing external mail accounts
FIXED: Ability to add more than one condition on email filters
FIXED: Ability to create new email filters from Inbox
FIXED: Issues with Sort-by and Group-by options on Email
FIXED: Issues with rendering of Email compose page while navigating from Address Book
FIXED: Other small bugs
FIXED: Accessibility - Single tab stop for Email Toolbar, Compose Formatting tool bar
FIXED: Accessibility - Default cursor on focus set to top of email body for Reply/Forward of emails
FIXED: Accessibility - Ability to dismiss error messages in Email Compose formatting options
IMPROVED: Accessibility - Improved performance when using screen readers

For the rare times that I do use Comcast mail I use an email client instead of Comcast web mail.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 11 November 2013 - 09:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users