Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

spyhunter & Reghunter 4 can't uninstall

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 matthewhinton74

matthewhinton74

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:03 AM

I recently installed both Spyhunter and Reghunter4 to try to speed up and fix my PC. As I went to uninstall them, I have found out there is no uninstall exe. I have tried using CCleaner, revuninstaller, geekuninstaller, and a few otehrs. None even lsit it as a program installed. I have run anti virus programs, malwarebytes, etc to no avail.

Any ideas How I remove these 2 programs fully, without having to reinstall OS. I am almost at the point of reformatting.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:08 AM

Hello matthewhinton74 -
Normally I will never put a Registry fix up unless I know the person is capable of doing it, but I will take a chance and say ---- Only Do This If YOU Are Happy to Handle it ---- If in doubt, please ask for slower steps.

1 - Click on the Windows Key + R. Type the word "regedit" into the box and then press Enter.

Double-click the registry editor icon when it is listed.
2 - Press the "Ctrl" and "F" keys together. This loads the registry editor's search box. Type the term "SpyHunter" into the box and press Enter.
3 - Now, Right click against the registry entry showing up in the search results. Select the "Delete" option to entirely remove the SpyHunter program from your PC.

This is about the only way to remove it if you have first used Revo Uninstaller and that failed.

Please tell me how you go with this -

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:40 AM

Not all programs show up in Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features. Some will have their own uninstaller, which can be found in the program's folder. This is by design as some vendors write installation routines so their program will not be included in the Add/Remove list. If the program is not listed in Add/Remove or Programs and Features, look for an uninstall icon (shortcut) from within its program group. Click on Start > All Programs (or Program Files), look for the SpyHunter folder, open it and then click on the Uninstall SpyHunter option. If it's not there, the next step would be to open Window's Explorer, manually navigate to the program's folder itself, look for an uninstaller file (i.e. uninstall.exe) and double-click on it to run.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users