Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

bscod, lots of errors and no internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 eremesu

eremesu

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:49 PM

I have a dell dimension e510 and it has windows xp directly connected to a router. i think it has the worst virus i have ever seen. i am sorry if this is a long story but this is a very confusing problem. the fixes ive tried never seem to work, i always get errors.
it happened a year ago when i let an untrustworthy sibling use it for a period and it began getting the blue screen. soon i could not start it without getting the blue screen so i stopped using it but i now i need to use it.
when i first tried fixing it a month ago i was able to log on when the start up screen gave me the option of using the last known good configuration. safe mode would get instant blue screen. so i was logged on but the computer was really really slow. i tried using the kaspersky rescue disc but it would not run by cd even when burned by img, and the usb version did not work even when i changed the boot order. but i was able to log on so i guess i did not need it anyway. 
i immediately ran a scan with McAfee even though it probably had not updated since the infection. it took nearly two days for the scan to finish and it found a few viruses. i ran ad aware too. and my computer got much faster.  i downloaded my preferred antivirus Avira from AOL but i could not run it. i could not run nearly any program because the computer kept getting an "open with" menu. so i ran Rkill and Exehelper and that helped me run more programs but Avira still would not work. i got an error saying it needed windows installer which was disabled. but avira probably wont fix the problem anyway so it is not important.
i ran malwarebytes and it cleaned some viruses.
Rkill said a bunch of stuff is disabled like the firewall, system restore, plug and play, netman, automatic updates, and other stuff. it says i my hosts file is alright but that is because i installed a new one when i noticed mine was missing, 
AOL stopped working because it says it needs to update files and restart every time i click on it.
Internet Explorer does not work. i get an error that says "load library failed to load ieframe.dll  " the browser does pop up but with the no internet page. 
i made sure that little proxy server box is unchecked. i tried the two fixes netsh and the winsock fix but they both give the error "unable to obtain host information". still the winsock thing did say it reset anyway.
i ran superantispyware and it found more viruses. i also used tdsskiller but it did not find anything.
i tried putting google chrome and a newer version of aol onto my pc by usb but i get an error about the shortcut even if i rename the shortcuts to explorer.exe.

the game the sims is running but without sound so that gives me a little hope. i still get the blue screen but not very often.
i dont think i have the installation cd. i put a drivers and utilities cd in there but which was accepted but did not do anything helpful.  i heard i can wipe the system without it but my sister has a bunch of stuff on the computer so until we back it up on a decently priced flash drive i would avoid that.
one other note if this helps anybody. a month ago ago the mouse was extremely hard to control, but now it seems as if the mouse is improving all the time. i dont know what this means.
i also used the windows file checker.
i went into help and support and tried to look for updates but it says no internet connection.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:02 PM

Hello -

Since this seems to be a long lasting and (by now) entrenched infection / problem, I would prefer that you posted directly to the Experts area -

Please follow the instructions in the Preparation Guide For Requesting Help starting at Step #6.

When you have done that, start a new topic and post the required logs to =>  Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team Experts.

NOTE :If you are unable to complete any step, just post the topic, and just leave a good description of your current problems

Please Use Copy / Paste for your responses, and Do Not Attach them unless your helper requests this.

If HelpBot responds to your topic, please follw its Step #1 so the team will be notified.

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users