Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Jimmy Buffs the true Italian Hot Dog

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:17 PM

I just love these things. Greasy goodness.

http://www.jimmybuff.com/display.php?page=home

sm_hdg_hotdog.jpg

A Jimmy Buff Italian hot dog goes on a quarter of a large roll of Italian "Pizza" bread (sort of a fat pita). The dog is cooked in Hot Oils and then topped with sauteed onions, peppers and potatoes.

You can also order a double, which is two dogs on a half a "Pizza" roll.

Or you can order Italian Sausage Sandwich which is made the same but with delicious Italian Sausage instead of Hot Dogs.

When I was Kid pop used to take us kids there for a single as a treat.

"Today, over 80 years later, the Italian Hot Dog and it's nearest relative, the Italian Sausage, are the staple fare at Jimmy's Buff's and take turns outselling each other."

Cheers

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 battyhippie

battyhippie

• Members
  • 430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 PM

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:09 PM

I knew it...only those from Jersey know about Buff's!

#3 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:11 PM

Just the thought of putting that anywhere near my mouth makes my heart and pancreas shudder....

#4 rotor123

rotor123
  • Topic Starter

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:57 PM

Hi, Is it the hot dogs or the sausages that worry you? It can't be the oil.

Today we cook our Italian Hot Dogs and Sausages in cholesterol free soybean oil just like Grandpa Buff did in 1932. The tradition lives on.

sandwich1.jpg

Hot dog, potatoes, onions, peppers, Mustard on the roll. What's not to like.

I cook my Hot Dogs and sliced potatoes at home in the skillet in Olive Oil on a low heat. Crispy goodness. :)

Traditional Haggis on the other hand................

Edited by rotor123, 19 November 2013 - 01:58 PM.

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/

167 @ June 2015

#5 battyhippie

battyhippie

• Members
  • 430 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:20 PM

Heck beck TsVk! don't come to Philly...I can imagine what a Philly Cheesesteak would do to your body parts...but sometimes, you just got to do it, life can be so darn short....

#6 rotor123

rotor123
  • Topic Starter

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

That can't be much worse than my lunch today.

Grilled Cheese with slices of crispy bacon in the middle and french fries.

I still have some Dietrich meats in Krumsville bacon in the freezer vacuum wrapped, I had them cut it 1/4" thick, Fried crispy, the middle is almost creamy. I also have some vacuum packs of their Pastrami in the freezer from my last visit too.

I already ate all of the 1/3 of a whole pork roll I brought back, I shared out the rest. I also used up the Smoked Kielbasa I bought.

My Brother gave his friends a whole Lebanon Bologna, Summer Bologna and  Sweet Bologna in addition to what he bought himself.

Despite nothing there being low fat My cholesterol is OK, Both the levels of good and bad and the ratio.

167 @ June 2015

#7 battyhippie

battyhippie

• Members
  • 430 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

@rotor123

I don't know who you are going to give a stroke to first, your cardiologist or TsVk! But I should talk...

#8 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:20 PM

I'm gonna sit here quietly eating my fish and salad... maybe slink into a corner after I'm done.

#9 battyhippie

battyhippie

• Members
  • 430 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:16 AM

@TsVk!

Ah, you don't have to go slink into a corner...believe me, I eat enough salad to be half-rabbit. And I was one mean mother by not allowing junk food in the house or fast food. But once in a while, ya just simply gotta let go, comfort food...

#10 rotor123

rotor123
  • Topic Starter

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:17 AM

What's a cardiologist? :)

Seriously, You can't eat healthy all the time, Sometimes You just need a treat. When You do splurge that way don't go cheap.

For example Häagen-Dazs ice cream, an all natural Ice cream, Not the cheapo Supermarket brand that is 1/2 the weight and full of chemicals. Vanilla flavor ingredients are, cream, skim milk, sugar, egg yolks, vanilla extract

Strawberry is cream, skim milk, strawberries, sugar, egg yolks

I agree with this one "But once in a while, ya just simply gotta let go, comfort food..."

I Knew someone who went on a fat free diet, She ended up looking bad, Way to Skinny, And You know what else? Her Cholesterol was still way to high. Genetics. End result of that period in her life? The No fat diet ended up getting dumped, She put on too much weight after coming off of it. A rebound type effect.

I'd rather eat the occasional unhealthy meal than Smoke or be a mean spirited grouch.

Anyway, Interesting comments

Roger

Edited by rotor123, 20 November 2013 - 10:22 AM.

167 @ June 2015

#11 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

Totally guys, I like to eat the odd grease ball burger now and then. And I do love a really good pizza. But as a general rule I cannot eat it... Just feels wrong, nothing to do with what I've been told by anybody. It's the same reason that I don't drink alcohol. You're all going to have a good laugh at me now, I actually do smoke cigarettes... But they will one day go out the door also. Then my only vice will be sex. lol. I'll probably turn into some rampant maniac...

#12 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,758 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:37 PM

There should be a reply to what you just said.... But for the life of me I just can't figure out how to phrase it.....
So I'm stuck with this expression....

8fsf3Q8.jpg

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#13 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:29 AM

back to that slinking into the corner feeling again... lol

#14 battyhippie

battyhippie

• Members
  • 430 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:04 AM

No No No...no slinking back in the corner, TsVk! As an ex-smoker I understand purrfectly what you are expressing...many moons ago my family doc was after me to quit...now I am sure you know as a smoker our favourite times to light up...here goes the conversation...What do I do first thing in the morning? Have sex...Coffee break?...Have sex...Meals?... Have sex...After sex? Have more sex....Sh*t Doc I will never get out of bed...yeah, but you won't be smoking....

#15 rotor123

rotor123
  • Topic Starter

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:46 AM

FWIW My Father one morning got up, Said I quit and never smoked again.

My Younger Brother Quit some years ago the same way and was hoping to get a reduction in his life insurance rate. That didn't happen as they would only close the existing one and write a new one with non smoker rates. Unfortunately since his was so old even paying smoker rates the new non smoker rates would have been more that double what the Old rate was. So he left it alone.

I have been meaning to get in touch with the homeowners insurance to see if there is a discount for no smokers in the house and if there is a discount for having deadbolts on the doors. I also want to see if there is a decent enough  discount for having a burglar alarm too. If So it might pay. I can get one pretty cheap. The Main unit and Horn (Siren) are already installed, Long Story, It would just need to have the door and windows sensors added.

Maybe if You could save enough money, beyond the cost of the smokes themselves, It could be an incentive to quit.

It looks like I have strayed a bit off the Topic.

Anyway I'd love to get me a Jimmy Buffs, I just don't want to drive to Kenilworth however when I look at the single dog, Does this make your mouth water or what?

sing%20dog%20for%20web.jpg

May be time for a road trip.

Roger

Edited by rotor123, 21 November 2013 - 09:53 AM.

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users