Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer freezing randomly during simple tasks

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NewYardbird

NewYardbird

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:06 AM

On Thursday night I was watching Netflix and after falling asleep and waking up, my computer was making a loud buzzing noise and the screen was black.  When I woke up again after I performed a hard reset, the computer kept on freezing after I tried to do simple things like browse the internet (with google chrome) and opening Microsoft word.  Since then, I have deleted Chrome and Firefox, cleaning out my temporary files and cookies, and also tried to run malwarebytes scans in both safe mode and normal mode.  However, I have not been able to complete a scan yet and it always finds at least 27 objects infected and usually gets stuck on either scanning "mswstr10.dll" or "msxml3r.dll".  It gets stuck during a quick scan only a few minutes into the scan.  Thank you in advanced for your help. 

Mod Edit:  Moved to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 11 November 2013 - 07:52 AM.
Win 7 to AII - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,744 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:46 PM

it always finds at least 27 objects infected

If it hadn't been for this bit, I would have suggested restoring Windows to an earlier date. However, I now suggest you go and post in the 'Am I infected' forum on BC - sort out any problems in that area before you do anything else.

If you decide to post there, be patient - these people are busy and they are all volunteers. Follow any instructions you are given carefully, and if you don't understand something, post back for an exxplanaation.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 NewYardbird

NewYardbird
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:35 AM

it always finds at least 27 objects infected

If it hadn't been for this bit, I would have suggested restoring Windows to an earlier date. However, I now suggest you go and post in the 'Am I infected' forum on BC - sort out any problems in that area before you do anything else.

If you decide to post there, be patient - these people are busy and they are all volunteers. Follow any instructions you are given carefully, and if you don't understand something, post back for an exxplanaation.

Chris Cosgrove

Thank you very much for moving this to the "am I infected" forum, I appreciate the help and advice.  

#4 NewYardbird

NewYardbird
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:11 PM

Update: I managed to remove the 27 items I had infected before the scan froze by pressing pause and aborting the scan and only removing those errors (they were all registry errors).  However, the problem still persists and I cannot remove the rest of the items.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users