Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All add-ons not running in IE8

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MissLizz

MissLizz

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:36 AM

Latitude 600 XP Pro.  I clicked on a desktop IE8 icon this morning for the first time in months and got the message that Internet Explorer was currently running without add-ons..  Program still on Control Panel.  Went to Tools-Manage Add-ons and found 21 enabled add-ons and 6 disabled ones.

I can't imagine what happened since I've been using Google or Mozilla for quite some time, and now I wonder if the same thing could happen to them.  Desktop also has a second IE icon which brings the box that the file could not be found.  I'm not desperate for IE, but I really liked the home page. Also, I don't know how 2 desktop icons came about.  What would happen if I removed the program?  I would guess I don't need it.  I called the icons I clicked desktop; they weren't desktop; they are on my start menu.  There are no IE icons on the desktop.  They disappeared so I used the start menu.

Edited by hamluis, 10 November 2013 - 12:04 PM.
Moved from XP to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:32 PM

Removing IE8 by Add or Remove Programs and reinstalling a newly downloaded exe would resolve the problem. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer-8-details.aspx

*Please backup your Favorites if possible before removing your IE browser.

Tekken

#3 MissLizz

MissLizz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:00 AM

Thank you very much.  All is done.  I do appreciate your help.  And Louis's , too.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:45 PM

Is it working now?

Tekken

#5 MissLizz

MissLizz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:24 AM

Everything is working beautifully.  Icons are back where they should be, and I've not noticed anything lost or missing.  Thanks for answering my call for help, Tekken.

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:15 PM

:thumbup2:

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users