Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

uninstalled nvidia and now I have no Internet!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 viking6812

viking6812

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:30 AM

Ok so this begain because my nvidia dashboard (for want of the correct term). Had stopped working and I wanred to operate 2 graphics cards in sli mode. I uninstalled nvidia intending a quick re install and bingo no internet! Help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,404 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:12 AM

System manufacturer and model?

You can try reinstalling the nVidia drivers or all drivers from the Drivers CD.

Louis

#3 viking6812

viking6812
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:42 AM

So, the pc is a Mesh about 5 years old.  Motherboard is an MIS ms 7250 v1.1 sli

I have downloaded (on another pc) the driver set from nvidia for the motherboard but it wont install as it says i need to uninstall existing nvida.

I have

1)deleted everything I can find on C: looking in all the places I could find recommended on line., including going into the registry and deleting all references to nvidia nv etc

2)Installed and run Drive sweeper, about 40 times ! it keeps finding something and even when it doesn't the nvidia installer refuses to start telling  me I need to unistall first!   

so to be honest I am at a loss.

Help please .....otherwise my pc wlll suffer an "unexpected  sledge-hammer interface problem"

#4 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:45 AM

goto device manager and do a rollback driver. See if that changes anything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users