Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer to TV is blurry and cropped

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bryan5255

bryan5255

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:29 AM

I'm trying to hook my computer up to my TV a Samsung HC-R4245W which is an 1080i TV. I am using a HDMI from my computer to a DVI to the TV by way of a small plug converter. No matter what I try the screen is still blurry and cropped cutting off a chunk of the screen on each side. I've changed the picture mode, the screen resolution, sharpness, and checked on the zoom, but I can't adjust that. Even my PS3 has the same problems. Any ideas on how to fix it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,985 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:03 AM

I don't know how hopeful to be about getting a CRT rear projection TV to give good results on non-program material. They're designed to show TV video, not a computer desktop. Rear-pros always gave a "soft" image, CRTs even more than LCD/DLP, and a CRT will commonly overscan (have the edge of the image off the screen). Page 21 of your user manual, where DVI input is discussed, doesn't even mention computer input, indicating its intended purpose being the signal from a set-top box.

How well defined are the TV's own menu screens? They are the sharpest image the screen can possibly display, being internally injected as an overlay. An external source can only be as clear as or less well defined than they are. If the menus are also blurry, and the self-focus doesn't bring them in, there will be a fault in focus, or weakening of the CRTs with age.

What resolution can the screen be set to in Windows display properties?

Edited by Platypus, 10 November 2013 - 04:03 AM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 GreenGiant117

GreenGiant117

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:57 PM

In the menu for the DVI input to the TV there should be something along the lines of "Auto Adjust" sometimes (even new) monitors can sync up funny and not look right until you run an auto adjust.

Just a thought.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users