Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intel Core Duo 2 processor temp

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 afterlifex

afterlifex

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:12 AM

http://ark.intel.com/products/35581/Intel-Core2-Duo-Processor-T5800-2M-Cache-2_00-GHz-800-MHz-FSB

85c being max as stated in the link

I am just a little curious about something, using the laptop/notebooks power managment settting you can adjust the "proccesser state".

Running Flash games using Fire Fox

(sitting on cooling pad, stock sink/fan, replaced paste[some time ago])

checked with http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

If I have it set at:

100% the temp runs about 68c to 71c (never liked it that high)

99% the temp runs about 58c to 59c

80% is about 56c

75% runs about 47c to 50c (fan is hardely on at that point)

etc.

(all give or take the range shifted a bit, about 2c cooler with a newer version of CoreTemp)

I am interested in that 1% for a 10c drop in temp, why is this?

(Don't worry about cooling suggestions, its not worth it at the comps age IMO)

Just curious as to why 1% made such a diffrance :/

thx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JHMcG

JHMcG

• Members
  • 242 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:02 PM

If it was my machine, I would replace the stock heatsink with a better one, and use Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste between the processor and the heatsink.

My machine has an 2400 MHz Intel Q6600 quadcore which is currantly running at 41 degrees celcius and the board is running at 37 degrees celcius according to System Sandra. It has NEVER run over 49 degrees celcius, and that's how I like it.

#3 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:45 PM

I am interested in that 1% for a 10c drop in temp, why is this?

Do not know, but I would not assume the "99%" is anymore than an arbitrary number.  Is there any voltage difference between 99 and 100%? 

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users