Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bleepingcomputer access issue

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 H.A.V Aravinda

H.A.V Aravinda

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:34 PM

Yesterday, when I try to access I was shown this.. (guests are not allowed to view anycontent in bleepin)

Untitled_zps177d8da2.png

Seems country wise restriction.. US IP Address are allowed when using hide myass..  Will bleepingcomputers be a closed forum in the future for some countries??.. Only for members ?????

Edited by vijanaka85, 09 November 2013 - 08:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:38 PM

There are some features you may want to view such as another member's attachment in a topic that require you to be logged in to

view. Another that requires logging in is viewing another member's profile.

Cruising the site otherwise, such as viewing tutorials, does not require logging in.

Edited by buddy215, 09 November 2013 - 09:40 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 H.A.V Aravinda

H.A.V Aravinda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:43 PM

see the url i have posted in the print screen.. it's nither  an attachment nor a profile data.. Yesterday each and every bleeping computer resource is restricted for non-members for some countries.. If i change my ip to USA one using hidemyass, I will not be prompted to login.. it just direct me to the regular page

see this thread .. same for this

sdfds_zpsd4631dd9.png

Edited by vijanaka85, 09 November 2013 - 09:52 PM.

#4 H.A.V Aravinda

H.A.V Aravinda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

I want to know this because I am referencing bleeping urls as recommended urls in various forums.. But as such under such closed forum status I do have a hesitation to use bleeping references.. Where i believe knowledge should be free for access.. without troubles.. Most of the users will not tend to bother to sign up just to see a reference url .. they just simply discard and search another whatever the reliability or validity of the reference.. This thing really discourage users from using free resources in bleepin .. In a nutshell what I sincerely feel is  these steps will simply imply to lazy users "GET LOST FROM THIS FORUM"  ... Besides they will not use proxy servers and see the resources 

Edited by vijanaka85, 09 November 2013 - 09:53 PM.

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:08 PM

That URL no longer exists. I get the same error, so it is neither in a hidden forum nor are you restricted. Some malware will block access to this help site as well as other help sites. So make sure that you can access the site with a known good computer and that will help you troubleshoot it is a local computer issue as opposed to a site issue.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 H.A.V Aravinda

H.A.V Aravinda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:22 PM

Pretty strange.. now its accessible.. unlike yesterday.. I can confirm it's not malware problem... I really doubt !!Will malware cause such issues????? prompting and forcing users to register on bleeping computers??  :smash:

Edited by vijanaka85, 09 November 2013 - 10:23 PM.

#7 H.A.V Aravinda

H.A.V Aravinda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

That URL no longer exists.

Both are perfectly working now... unlike yesterday.. (without USA proxies )

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-qvo6.com-browser-hijacker

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510563/qvo6-is-it-a-threat/?p=3180203

Anyhow its a pleasure to hear that its not going to be a closed forum.. :bounce: . Thanx for the info.... 

Edited by vijanaka85, 09 November 2013 - 10:27 PM.

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:47 PM

Thats strange because it works for me now too. But when I copied your original link info I got a 404 error like it no longer existed. I tried 4 times to be sure I had it copied correctly.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#9 H.A.V Aravinda

H.A.V Aravinda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:01 PM

yes it is .. anyway thanx for the info..  :thumbup2:

#10 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:35 AM

Do me a favor and if this happens again, please pm me directly. We do not ban countries by any means, but we do sometimes ban ranges of ip addresses. Not sure if the IP address was banned for some reason.

I honestly have no idea why you would have seen that message from the virus removal forum, though. Will look into that today.

#11 H.A.V Aravinda

H.A.V Aravinda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

Continuously various banned messages i was seeing yesterday.. But i didn't take print screens.. different from the screens i have posted.. Suddenly i feel like i was banned but i understood its some kind of  malcondition.. As you said it should be a banned/blacklisted ip address.. For the moment i'm using a different broadband connection from a different isp and i see no error or banned messages.. I will be able to provide you the ip address range when i return... sooner.. Thanx.. 

Edited by vijanaka85, 11 November 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#12 H.A.V Aravinda

H.A.V Aravinda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:09 PM

Ok this is the ip range information..

http://whois.domaintools.com/61.245.163.50

still these ips are having issue.. may be blacklisted due to some reason.. Mobitel is the second largest isp in sri lanka.. 

Even the root domain is blocked for this ip.... these screenshots are from my phone

Screenshot_2013-11-13-07-23-47_zpsa87fc7

Screenshot_2013-11-13-07-23-591_zpsd9d36

#13 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,568 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:22 PM

The IP address range of 61.245.163.* was banned due to heavy spam from many ips in that range.

#14 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

Its sad that IPs have to be blocked...... Almost always an innocent user is affected....

One time on this VBB site that I didnt goto for 1 year must have had a spammer as when i finally did go back to the site,MY IP HAD BEEN FLAGGED FOR SPAM!! (I hadnt done it (I hadnt visited for a year or more)) I tried to explain this to staff and after a couple Pms to them my account was deleted...

I havent tried to re-register.....

Makes me feel bad!!

#15 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,568 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:59 PM

I agree..i dont like it either. But when a class C is continuously used by spammers we have no choice,.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users