Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help I definitely think that I'm infected/hacked

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nottocelle

nottocelle

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

I had another account here, but I no longer have access to the email that I used to sign up with, so I can't retrieve my password.. 

I believe that I am infected/hacked by a hacker, the person has even claimed that they have accessed my computer before and now I think that they are at it again. I am almost positive that my network is hacked by this person, as the amount of clients on my DHCP client list exceeds the amount of users that are on my network, etc.. I suspect that this person might even have remote desktop access (i think thats what it's called) as well. 

PLEASE help me, I know that malwarebytes, etc doesn't pick up on hackers that know what they are doing and are able to disguise themselves. 

Thanks so much. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 H.A.V Aravinda

H.A.V Aravinda

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:55 PM

What are the symptoms other than the dhcp client list exceeding? Without a security problem this could be due to the long time duration of the dhcp lease.. It will assign to pc/device/laptops etc but holds for a long time whether the ip addresses/devices are used or not.. Try to make sure the lease is in a considerable duration.. Besides you can see the connected  host names by visiting to dns server if any.. (this thing is possible when dns dynamic registration is on )

More useful info can be fund here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/have-i-been-hacked/

Edited by vijanaka85, 09 November 2013 - 08:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users