Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Harddrive and Ram memory filled up by itself till computer crash.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 peterlu84

peterlu84

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:57 PM

Hello, hope someone can help me solve this issue.

Recently I have experienced that my computer C drive has filled up by it self randomly, I have around 30GB free of space, but it will fill up bye itself till almost 100% and give me a warning that i have low disk space. I went in the C drive and check the usage of the folders in there, they were using the same amount of space as there still 30GB left. I couldn't located the space that is filled up. Sometimes the free spaces come back when I restart. I then use WinDirStat, I found out that the pagefile.sys and hiberfil.sys is using up the space.

Also, the ram does the same thing, I have 16 gig ram, normally it wouldn't go more than 30% but now it would fill up to 99% and make everything freez, then crash the computer. this is all happening recently. There is two dllhost.exe running, and one of them use all the ram till it filled up, even if i closed it, it will come back again.

It didn't ever happen to me until last week my friend has to do an online test from a bank, and that time I had to turn off my kaspersky to allow it to access. I turned kaspersky on immidetaly after she done the test, but a few days later, this problem appear. I am not sure if its virus or just hardware failure? I scan with malwarebytes and superantispyware also kaspersky and ESET online scanner they all found nothing.

Please if someone can give me some Idea i would be very thankful!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:59 PM

Please download MiniToolBox, and save it to your desktop and run it, and checkmark the following checkboxes:
  • Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.
Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users