Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Access Denied" on my word and picture files after I move them to a folder Help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ROGERISRIGHT69

ROGERISRIGHT69

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:06 PM

OK here is the problem I have been dealing with and I can’t ignore it any longer because I am now locked out of almost every one of my files and folders.

It started with my dragon software …one by one after I would get a new user all set up to replace the old one everything would be fine for about a week and then it would tell me that the user I was using needed to be upgraded because it had been created by an earlier version of Dragon naturally speaking …except I’ve only had the one version on my computer the whole time

Then I discovered that after I would put some word files into a folder to keep things organized when I would go back to open and use those files I was told "word cannot open the document; user does not have access privileges" except I haven't assigned any privileges to those files and I don't even know how if I wanted too. The files would open just fine until I moved them into a folder ...but that’s not all ...Photos would become completely unusable after being moved into a folder ...where I would once get a bunch of thumbnails to look at to find the photo I was looking for I now get a message that tells me "No Preview Available" ...and it's not just the preview that isn't available I can't open the photograph and see the image at all. ...but that’s not all ...when I try to move any of these newly worthless files I have to use an unlocker program to even move them ...and it's only one at a time. I am told "cannot copy (name of file) Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use"

The worst part is that these are files that contain all sorts of extremely important documents ...from my legal practice. Alot of the newly worthless photos are pictures of evidence in ongoing cases. HeeelllPPPPP!!!  WTF is going on with my computer ...how do I stop it from denying me access to my own files??? Thank you in advance for your help

I use windows XP Professional SP3

I have the Microsoft Office 2010 Suite

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ROGERISRIGHT69

ROGERISRIGHT69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

NEVER MIND i FIGURED IT OUT ...i HAD TO TAKE OWNERSHIP OF THESE FOLDERS AND FILES ...!!!   THANK YOU !

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,540 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:07 PM

Thanks for letting us know, happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users