Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Files not showing up in explorer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 restoretheshore

restoretheshore

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:52 AM

Hi All,

My wife has an Acer laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium.  Yours truly was trying unsuccessfully to set up a bunch of Excel spreadsheets that link to other spreadsheets on a SkyDrive account I had set up.  Realized while doing this that linking to the remote drive was giving Excel fits.  The machine started to become unstable due(I think) to all the unsuccessful attempts to link across my home network and internet.  I abandoned the effort.  I believe the machine was rebooted and the next day my wife was working on the machine again and things started going wonky.  Seemed like there may have been some residual effects of my networking efforts and things started to go downhill and run very slow.  Files could not find each other; something was hogging up 95% of memory but not visible in Task Manager; programs would not start; blue screen of death; all the usual fun stuff. Things seem to have stabilized for better or worse and I am using the machine now.  The lingering effect of this all is missing files from Explorer that I have verified are there.  For example, I created a file using Publisher.  Close the file and try to find it using Explorer and it cant be found.  Re-open Publisher - go to recent files - click the file -  and bingo it opens.  Save, close, try to find it in Explorer again and it is not there.  Not sure what I've done, not sure if it is virus/malware or Mr. Low Tech here mucking up the machine.  What I do know is I've lost the wife's Sunday School folder and she is not happy. Any help would be most appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users