Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

missing driver ?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 nikkibay5

nikkibay5

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:52 AM

ran a performance check on my pc Windows 7 and this came up !   (   The device, MpKsld43d323f, is reporting "tv_ConfigMgrErr24". This device will not be available until the issue is resolved. The Plug and Play ID for this device is ROOT\LEGACY_MPKSLD43D323F\0000. ) can anybody help thank you nikki

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:18 AM

Goto device manager, view,show hidden files, uninstall device.

#3 nikkibay5

nikkibay5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:38 AM

I clicked on hidden drivers and one came up called ( non-plug and play drivers ) and when i clicked on that one it expanded to about 50 ? do i uninstall every one ? thank you nikki

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:47 AM

No, you do not uninstall all of them.  Use the instructions below to create an image of the hidden files and attach it in your next post.

Please use the Snipping Tool to copy the image, you can find this tool in Accessories under All Programs.   After you have the image you will want to go to File and click on Save As, Pictures will open with this image, when it opens give it a name and click on save .

Using the Snipping Tool to copy an image. 

To open the Snipping tool click on the Start orb, then type snipping tool in the search box, then press Enter.  

To use this have the image you want to copy on the desktop, click on Snipping Tool.  

A small white cross (+) will appear on the screen, move this to the lower left corner of the image you want to copy, press and hold the mouse and slowly move it to the right and upwards.  You will see a red rectangle form around the image, when you have the image isolated that you want, release the mouse.  

After you have the image you will go to File and click on Save As, Pictures will open with this image, when it opens give it a name then click on Save.    

You can post this image in your next post.  Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options

Post2_zpsf05c0430.png

When you click on More Relpy Options  you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you made with the Snipping Tool, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

BCreply1_zpsc36d42fc.png

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 nikkibay5

nikkibay5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:29 AM

hallo so nice to hear from you again  .. since we last spoke i have done a complete re stall but this time i withheld  ie 10 and put in ie 11 instead and so far no excessive paging probably nothing to do with the different explorer ? but i completely agree that 1 gb ram is insufficient and is likely to be a problem in the future, but as i say the latest performance check this driver warning came up ... i will try your advice and will get back to you...Nicola thank you

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:43 AM

Please post the model of this Asus laptop.

Did you go to the Asus website to download the drivers after doing the installation?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 nikkibay5

nikkibay5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:48 PM

i am using my old spare laptop at the moment this one has 4 g ram ! funny thing is i checked the drivers on this machine and it also has hidden non plug play drivers but only about 6...and i believe  ( if aint broke it don't need fixing ) so i will leave it alone lol..sorry i am beating about the bush i get carried away sometimes ! yes the Asus model is EeePC1015CX And unfortunately i am currently having toreload it as i pushed some wrong buttons p.s. the asus support site is somewhat useless...nikki

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:32 PM

This device will not be available until the issue is resolved. The Plug and Play ID for this device is ROOT\LEGACY_MPKSLD43D323F\0000.

This is a plug and play device, like a CD/DVD drive, a hard disk drive, a flash drive, etc.

This may be a moot point now that you are reinstalling the operating system.  Let's wait to see what happens after the installation and you download and install the drivers.  I hope you are aware that you should go to the Asus website to download these drivers.

You can download Asus's driver installer to find the latest drivers.

#9 nikkibay5

nikkibay5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

Ye gods  do you build space rockets in your spare time ? you must do this for a living ! i have just reloaded and checked the device manager and there are almost 50 plug and play ....ps  this samsung which i am using  has a snipping tool but my little asus unfortunately does not ?

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

Click on the Start orb and type snipping tool in the Search programs and files.  When it appears above click on it to open the snipping tool.

Please notice the white dot with the black arrow pointing down, this indicates a problem with NVIDIA nForce Network Controller.  This is what shows when I go to View and click on Show hidden devices.

You can click on the image to make it larger.

devicemanager22_zpsfbd10d19.png

By the way... I'm running Windows 7, and I created the image below with the snipping tool. :P

Edited by dc3, 09 November 2013 - 03:16 PM.

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

On a side note.  I don't build rockets, but a friend of mine did for Areojet.  I'm a retired electrician and I met this person when I was hired to correct an electrical problem.  I found the problem in short order and made a quick repair.  The owner commented that he was amazed at how fast I found and repaired the problem.  I responded by telling him it wasn't rocket science, he replied that it didn't help him. :thumbup2:

#12 nikkibay5

nikkibay5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:26 AM

Good morning Sparky..definatley no snipping tool on this little asus and i have notice this windows 7 is the starter version my other laptop has the windows 7 home premium,maybe the starter verion does not have the snipping tool ?...nikky

#13 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:38 AM

Well, I just learned something new.  The snipping tool in Windows 7 is only available in Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise.

Fortunately there is an alternative, a screenshot.  The instructions below make it pretty easy to create a screenshot.

1. Download and run A Thousand Words .

2. Follow the wizard to capture a screenshot

3. Use the built-in editor to resize, edit, or re-capture your screen shot. 

4. Your screen shot will be saved to your desktop when you finish the wizard.

You can post the screenshot in your next post as an attachment.  

Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options

Post2_zpsf05c0430.png

When you click on More Relpy Options  you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you made with the, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

BCreply1_zpsc36d42fc.png 

#14 nikkibay5

nikkibay5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:19 AM

Hallo Sparky i used that paste thingy thing hope its ok thank you nicola oh i had to use ti twice because i could not get it all on one page ?

Attached Files

#15 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:45 AM

Let's try this another way.  If you just open the Device Manager and there is a problem the location of this problem will already be expanded like it is in the picture below.  Notice the diamond is black where the others are white.

stool_zpsebe2a121.png

You should see a icon different from the other items in the column indicating which item has the problem.  If you double click on that item it will open a window showing Device Status.  Please post the item that you find and its status. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users