Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (netio.sys) bsod

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 chillibasket

chillibasket

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:31 AM

I know this is at least the third thread on the same bsod, but I wasn't able to find any way of solving mine from the other two. I am running the newest version of Windows 8 and this bsod has been occurring irregularly over the past few months. It usually occurs while performing network related tasks, eg. while using the browser, opening external links and while using a VPN (using Forticlient).

I have tried updating network divers and disabling anti-virus software but I haven't found any solution yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My computer specs: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/Y4NlqyIsy4sUVs2pfKoqwYd

Some of the recent Minidump Files are attached. Attached File  CrashDump Files.txt   20.61KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:06 AM

Hi

Please upload the actual crash dump files. You will find them inside "C:\Windows\Minidump" folder. Copy all the files inside that folder and zip. Attach the zip with next reply using "More reply reply options --> Attach files".  If the file size is larger than 512KB, please use a free file hosting service instead. 

#3 chillibasket

chillibasket
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:41 AM

Thanks for the reply. Here are the actual Minidump files: Attached File  Minidump.zip   488.47KB   1 downloads

Edited by chillibasket, 09 November 2013 - 07:49 AM.

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:03 AM

Hi

It seems that a process named FortiProxy.exe was the running process at the time of crash in all dumps. 

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR:  0xD1

PROCESS_NAME:  FortiProxy.exe

This process belongs to either "FortiClient Proxy Server" or " FortiClient Endpoint Security" from http://www.fortinet.com/.

So your next step should be nothing but remove whatever "Fortinet" software installed as a test. Check and report whether the blue screen stops after removing it.

#5 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:07 AM

Hi

If the issue continues after removing the proxy, please upload the latest crash dumps which reflects the changes.

#6 chillibasket

chillibasket
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:16 AM

I know that this thread is now a couple of months old, but I want to let you know that the crashing was indeed caused by the Fortinet software. My computer hasn't crashed once since I removed the program.

Thanks for your help!  :thumbup2:

#7 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:31 AM

Glad to hear that  :thumbup2: .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users