Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot execute links to Java aps(?)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wmr

wmr

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:02 PM

I am using FireFox 24.0 on a Lenovo T400 laptop running Windows XP Pro. When I attempt to execute a Java link (Example: www.shockwave.com/gamelanding/jigsawpuzzles.jsp#) nothing happens. No error message is given and it appears as though the click is just ignored. I can execute other, non-Java links but cannot execute any link that contains "jsp" in it! One further note, after attempting to click on the Java link, if the browser is closed, it will not open again until the system is re-booted.

I have tried running with and without my firewall enabled with no difference in execution. I have re-installed both Java and my virus software (Symantic EndPoint Protection).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:10 PM

Try again this link http://www.shockwave.com/gamelanding/jigsawpuzzles.jsp

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users