Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with new worm (Jenxcus!lnk)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Alex2302b

Alex2302b

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:40 AM

Jenxcus!lnk worm is in my PC (win7) and won't go away - it's a new worm first being detected on 22nd of october 2013

On my 3rd full scan with MSE and it can't clean all the worms copies. It only detects lots of items:  "Worm:VBS/Jenxcus!lnk" all the time.

Avira didn't even detect it, nor did Hitman Pro or Malwarebytes 1.75. 

The effect of this worm seems to be on my flash drives - whenever I plug in a memory card or stick in my USB it hides all the files/folders there and creates shortcuts. I did unhide the files so I can see them.

I need help. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:41 AM

Worm: Jenxcus.K. Summary ... This VBScript worm collects information about your computer and sends it to a hacker.

Please follow the instructions in the Preparation Guide For Requesting Help starting at Step #6.

When you have done that, start a new topic and post the required logs to  Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team Experts.

NOTE :If you are unable to complete any step, please just post the topic and just leave a good description of your problems

Please be patient as the Experts can get a bit busy at times -

Good Luck -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users