Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mulitple monitor video issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dunndw

dunndw

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:10 PM

I have a client that is running 3 19in monitors on one system. Two are on a card (NVidia) one is on the motherboard (AMD). Everything works fine until she starts watching streaming video online, then the screens start having random pixilation issues that show up on all 3 monitors. The can get bad enough to make the screen unreadable, but it's hard to explain. It's like artifacts appear on all 3 and get worse and worse until reboot

I had them unplug one monitor, and didn't get any additional calls on it until yesterday. Not sure on the timeline between plugging the monitor back in and the pixels showing back up. All drivers are updated, all cables are tight...not sure where to go from here.

Edited by hamluis, 08 November 2013 - 10:29 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GreenGiant117

GreenGiant117

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:57 PM

I'm very surprised you were able to get both of the cards working, typically you cannot get both working at once when they are the different brands, they cause all sorts of issues with each other.

I would recommend getting a second Nvidia card and use that for the 3rd, or get a newer single card that can handle 3.

Im not sure why it only shows problems once you look at online videos but chances are its just dumb luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users