Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

User profile service prevents from loggin in, after recovery get error %hs could

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 matysdg

matysdg

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:47 PM

Okay, hello guys, i've never posted here, but my friend gave me a laptop with what looked to be a harmless problem:

When booting, in windows 7 (home premium), when logging in, i receive the error message "user profile service prevents from loggin in"

I tried reverting back to restore points twice (there were 2 availeble) but both failed.

After I tried this, and rebooted, I got an BSOD, saying something like the following (it restarted before i could write it all down) "somehtingsomething %hs could not be loaded"

Please note, " somethingsomething" above refers to the text I could'nt memorize before the system rebooted.

After this, system recovery ran for some time, and now I am able to boot succesfully to the original user profile. But, when system recovery ran, I searched for the error message above, and ran acros some unsetteling articles about some zeroacces trojan wich could steal personal information and maybe worse, electronic banking information.

Now, i would like to make sure that this problem was caused by a recent update (or another random fault) and not this very harmfull and nasty virus. How can I make sure this PC is clean, before returning it?

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

ps. i ran MBAM and hitmanpro: MBAM gave no results, Hitman only gave tracking cookies (I deleted them) but nohing more...

- Note: English is not my native language, so any grammatical errors or otherwise should be discarded -

Edited by matysdg, 07 November 2013 - 05:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:47 AM

Hello -

For attention to Zero Access Trojan problems please read this -

Please follow the instructions in the Preparation Guide For Requesting Help starting at Step #6.

When you have done that, start a new topic and post the required logs to  Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team Experts.

NOTE :If you are unable to complete any step, please just post the topic and just leave a good description of your problems

Good Luck -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users