Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

heat issues with pc

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 iceclock

iceclock

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:08 AM

hey guys just wondering whats the max temp my northbridge can go without it been dangerous for the motherboard.

i had a lian-li case and just changed to a nzxt phantom ghost 410.

i had 5 fans running. cpu temps are 33 degrees idle. 49-52 load.

northbridge idle is 64 and while gaming 71 degrees celcius.

i have scythe cpu cooler.è

asus extreme rampage 3 socket 1366 mobo.

intel i7 960 @ 3.2 gigahertz

gtx 650ti boost 2 gigs and 24 gigs of ram ddr3 1600mhz

case well ventalented.

hx 1000 ps corsair.

cpu is @ default clock speed of 3.2 gigahertz. voltage is underclocked on mem and cpu.

been running like this for 3 years. but wondering if it will survive a few more.

any tips would be greatly appreciated. also i just ordered a gtx 760 gigabyte how much heat will it add to my northbridge heatsink thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GreenGiant117

GreenGiant117

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:35 PM

Most CPU's will run comfortably up into the low 70's but it also should have a thermal shutoff that will theoretically protect from any heating damage, that being said, I wouldnt rely on that, try just getting a better cooler, they arent that expensive, if that is not an option try replacing the thermal paste, it can ooze out over a long time, especially with motion of the case.

But to be honest I had an AMD 955 B.E. That ran over 75 multiple times while gaming, and it still works to this day in my friends rig.

#3 iceclock

iceclock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:41 PM

alright thanks. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users