Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Buzzing sound when playing music

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 iamnothing

iamnothing

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

I am experiencing a buzzing sound when I play music online.  I primarily listen to music through the microblogging site Tumblr.  For example, if I had a song playing for a minute or so and opened a new tab I will hear a buzzing sound for anywhere between 2 to 10 seconds.  Other times, particularly during songs that are longer, the audio will fail and I will get an error message with a red x on the song I clicked.  Neither of these problems happen all the time.  The buzz is more prominent and seems to happen more frequently when I am opening and closing tabs.  

I have narrowed this down somewhat.  It does not happen when I play an actual CD in the drive.  It does not happen when I listen to a song on Youtube.  It does not happen if I play an mp3 that I have saved on my computer.  It does not happen when streaming a podcast.  I have listened to podcasts that are over an hour long and did not get the buzzing or failed audio message.  It does not happen in Internet Explorer.

This seems to be related to tumblr sites and/or Chrome.  I have pasted a link as an example of a song where this occurs.

http://musicforthemisplaced.tumblr.com/post/62769786099/no-doubt-ex-girlfriend

Things I have tried:

1. Updated the drivers

2. Scanned for viruses/malware

3. Updated Windows

4. I thought perhaps there was a conflict between the different versions of Adobe Flash but was not comfortable with removing any of them with my limited knowledge.  Under programs it lists, in order,

Adobe Air

Adobe Flash Player 10plugin

Adobe Flash Player 11ActiveX

The computer specs are below.  Thanks so much!

Sony Vaio Laptop  VGN-NW130J

Intel Core2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10ghz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:59 AM

You can safely remove flash players re-install, I think your plugin may be out one version... should still work though, but might help. Updating Shockwave is also a good idea as sometimes the technologies are interdependent.

Could be a Tumblr bug also... I doubt it is Chrome. Have you looked at the Tumblr support? (if there is such a thing)

#3 iamnothing

iamnothing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:52 AM

Thanks so much for responding!  I will try all of your suggestions.  Thank again.

#4 iamnothing

iamnothing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:05 PM

TsVK, 

I updated Shockwave, Java, and Quicktime, and uninstalled then reinstalled flash player but I am still experiencing this problem.  I did not uninstall Adobe Air. Should I do that as well?  Also, if I look in  chrome://plugins/  under Adobe Flash Player there are two versions.  I read something that suggested that only one of them should be enabled. That there is possible a conflict that is created by having them both enabled.  I tried disabling one and and leaving the other enabled and then vice versa. This did not help.

Similarly, in plugins under Quicktime there are five versions.  Should those all be enabled?  Thanks again for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users