Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iexplore.exe

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 closibley

closibley

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:49 PM

Why can nothing rid my PC of iexplore.exe

It multiplies itself in Windows Task Manager, eating up the memory, so that performance gets slower and slower until the PC effectively grinds to a halt.

I have just had the complete scan treatment by Avast for the first time and this has not dealt with it. Why not??  (although it did find and quarantine other stuff, thanks v. much).

I have also run MBAM, adwcleaner and ComboFix, all of which have failed to eliminate this menace which is iexplore.exe

Why is this so difficult to deal with?

Are there any former sufferers out there who found a solution to the problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jkostar

jkostar

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

what version of internet explorer are you running? anything below and including 8 Shula be updated to a newer version. Try updating to a newer version, and see if this resolves your issue.

#3 closibley

closibley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:44 AM

Hello  ... I'm running Windows XP - Home Edition, version 2002, Service Pack 3.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:59 AM

Since you have already run ComboFix...you should initiate a new topic in the Malware Removal Logs forum.\\

Please follow Steps 6-8 of Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html  and post the requested DDS log, along with your ComboFix log, in the new topic you create.  Post that new topic in the same forum which contains the Prep Guide linked to above.

Once that is done, this topic will be closed to avoid confusion.

Louis

#5 closibley

closibley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:42 AM

Thanks. Will do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users