Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot instal programs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cico900

cico900

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:30 PM

I cannot instal programs, PLEASE HELP! When I load exe error pops out "Windows cannot find "The program location", Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,897 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

When I load exe error pops out

Are you saying this happens when you try to install applications on your computer, or when you try to run already installed applications ? 

Commercial software that comes on a CD or DVD will normally trigger the 'Autorun' function and clicking on 'Run setup' will normally start the install process running. Software that you download may come as a .ZIP type file or as either a .EXE or .MSI type file. Once you have un-zipped the .ZIP file you will find one of these others inside it. You can then install it in at least two different ways. One, use Windows Explorer to browse to to wherever the downloaded software is and double click on the .MSI or .EXE or 'setup.exe' file which is included with the software. The other is to use the 'Run' command on the start panel and essentially do the same thing.

If the problem is with getting installed software to run for you, this is usually due to a faulty icon on your desktop. First step - delete the icon. Second step - create a new one. The easiest way to do this is from the start menu. Let's take MS Word as an example. Click in turn :

'Start / Programs / MS Office' .  You will now see MS Word. RIGHT click on Word and a small menu will appear. Roughly in the middle of it you will see 'Send to . . '. Click on 'Send to . . .' and another small menu appears, and you will see on 'Desktop (create short cut)'. Click on this and you have just created a new icon for the application !

This is not the 'purest' way to create an icon, but it is the simplest I have come across. However, if I have completely misunderstood your problem, post back with rather more detail.

Chris Cosgrove

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 06 November 2013 - 06:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users