Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop queries

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Darktune

Darktune

Very Purple

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:30 AM

Hey everyone,

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this but just to be sure..

A colleague at work has a laptop (his own) which is around 5-7 (not sure) years old. He wants to sell it for spares and repairs but just wants to make sure when he posts it on eBay that he lists it correctly with the exact (or close enough) problem(s).

He has removed the HDD as he wants to keep it, when you try booting the laptop up it will light up the screen and the buttons, however it will then cut out and repeat.

I have removed the battery and powered it via the cable but this did not work so ruling out the battery.

Any advice would be great

Thanks,

Darktune

EDIT

I know that the HDD removed isn't the problem as the PC should prompt me saying that there is no HDD.

Edited by Darktune, 06 November 2013 - 08:34 AM.

It's very hard to imagine all the crazy things that things really are like. 

Electrons act like waves.. no they don't exactly, they act like particles.. no they don't exactly.

Words and ideas can change the world.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users