Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Will Not Show Video On Monitor

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RabbleRuh

RabbleRuh

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:32 AM

My PC will not show video on my monitor. 2 weeks ago, I turned my PC on and everything was just fine. I locked it before I walked away (I have a 2 year old) with my girlfriend watching him. I come back and there is no longer any video on my monitor.

Before jumping to conclusions and blaming it on my son, I:

1. Switched HDMI cables, used DVI Cable, but that was not the issue. I verified that the monitor was not the problem by connecting my laptop to it. I also took out my video card and checked my integrated graphics (Intel Core i3-3220)

2. I thoroughly clean my laptop, took all components out and ensured they were properly re-seated and the issue was not resolved.

3. I tested both RAM sticks individually (Leaving only one of them connected when turning on my system).

4. I cleared the CMOS by removing the battery

5. The system speaker does not beep.

I'm not sure what the issue is; my LED lights turn on, my fans (including the fan on my video card) still runs. I just hope it's only one component that I can replace, rather than building an entirely new rig. Any help would be appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Quantum41

Quantum41

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

So id say this seems to be an issue with your drivers maybe? Most likely you dont have the latest drivers, or your drivers are having some sort of issue. if not then I would look into seeing if its an issue with your computer not seeeing the monitor at all. 

My Blog www.theanyblog.com

Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit CPUIntel Core i7 3820 Sandy Bridge-E 32nm Technology RAM16.0 GB Single-Channel DDR3 
MotherboardSABERTOOTH X79 (LGA2011) GraphicsNVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

#3 RabbleRuh

RabbleRuh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

So id say this seems to be an issue with your drivers maybe? Most likely you dont have the latest drivers, or your drivers are having some sort of issue. if not then I would look into seeing if its an issue with your computer not seeeing the monitor at all. 

I make sure I have all the latest drivers once a week, so my guess is that it's the latter. How can I check for driver issues? I think it may be a MoBo issue, but I want to get more opinions.

#4 slgrieb

slgrieb

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:28 PM

I make sure I have all the latest drivers once a week, so my guess is that it's the latter. How can I check for driver issues? I think it may be a MoBo issue, but I want to get more opinions.

If your computer isn't booting, it's much more likely to be an issue with a failed power supply than the motherboard. You can test this by either buying a power supply tester and using it, or by trying a power supply that you know works, and matches your system's power requirements and has the correct connectors for your computer. Generally, it's a lot easier to just spend the $16 or so a PSU tester costs.

Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is... 
WIFFLEBALL!

#5 RabbleRuh

RabbleRuh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

If your computer isn't booting, it's much more likely to be an issue with a failed power supply than the motherboard. You can test this by either buying a power supply tester and using it, or by trying a power supply that you know works, and matches your system's power requirements and has the correct connectors for your computer. Generally, it's a lot easier to just spend the $16 or so a PSU tester costs.

My PSU tester will be shipped on Friday, so I'll post an update with the results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users