Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox crashes or does not respond

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ryrhino

ryrhino

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:30 PM

Hello,
Vista is my OS.
Firefox is current. No spyware malware or virus found.
Hardware accelerator is unchecked.
All plug ins are current.
All extensions are current.
When I have more that one window or tab of firefox opened it crashes or does not respond at random times.

Firefox crashes or does not respond at least once daily or every other day.
I have completed all the steps this lists. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/k...
What can I do to prevent firefox from crashing or not responding.
Thanks for your time and help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,646 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:50 AM

Try Firefox Safe Mode - what happens?

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-firefox-issues-using-safe-mode

#3 ryrhino

ryrhino
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:21 AM

When in safe mode Firefox did not crash but I was in safe mode for about 20 minutes.  I had several firefox windows opened.  The crash happens at random times for no apparent reason.  I have attatched the firefox addons I have installed.

Attached Files

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,646 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:59 PM

If it doesn't crash in safe mode then one of your add-ons (extensions or plug-ins) is causing the problem. Disable them one at a time until you identify the offender.

#5 ryrhino

ryrhino
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

Firefox recently froze.  I had 7 windows/tabs of Firefox opened.  I had Dashlane and Troubleshooter add ons disabled.  Firefox didn't crash only froze. I had to close and reopen firefox.  All my tabs/windows were restored when reopened.  Any ideas or suggestions about why this happened and how to resolve?

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,646 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:59 AM

Disable ALL add-ons (plug-ins and extensions) and see if there are any problems. If not, you can add them back one or two at a time until the problem recurs. As I said above, if there are no problems with Firefox Safe Mode, the issue is with an add-on. Alternatively, you can always try a different browser.

#7 ryrhino

ryrhino
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:08 PM

When Firefox was open with 7 tabs/windows I had Dashlane and Troubleshooter disabled.  Firefox froze (Not Responded) but did not crash.  I had to close and reopen Firefox to unfreeze.  All tabs/windows were restored.  

#8 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,646 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

We're going in circles. I'm sure you have more add-ons (extensions and plug-ins) than those two.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users