Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motherboard?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Qas

Qas

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 01 May 2006 - 07:02 AM

Hello my computer does not recognize my motherboard nor my CD drive.
When my HDD is connected (Sata) the start up screen for the motherboard just stops it freezes like its found something incompatible. When I take the hdd out it does not freeze this is same with all HDDs. I tired different sata ports.

I think itís the Motherboard before I get a warranty claim on it can anyone give any other ideas. (Could it be the CPU)

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 01 May 2006 - 09:39 AM

Have you cleared the CMOS or tried to set the BIOS to automatically recognize your drives?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Qas

Qas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2006 - 09:43 AM

yep tried that it does not it just say DETECTING DRIVE ................ they nothing

#4 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 01 May 2006 - 10:32 AM

What kind of motherboard do you have? Maybe we can help some more if we had the make/model (wow I never thought I'd say that for a computer part) of the motherboard.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#5 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 01 May 2006 - 02:22 PM

You also have to enable SATA in the BIOS.

#6 Qas

Qas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2006 - 11:33 AM

yep enabled sata

its a mexcano thats all i no i will check later on but atm i am in school

#7 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2006 - 12:13 PM

I've had something similar happen to me. Come to find out I had the jumpers in the back of the drive set incorrectly. I set them accordingly (master and slave) and then it worked fine. Just some food for thought.
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#8 cowee

cowee

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 02 May 2006 - 12:22 PM

Typically SATA drives do not have jumpers.

Does the drive spin when the PC powers up?
Does the drive work in another PC?
Will the PC detect the drive if you disconnect the CDROM?
Can you get into the BIOS before the PC locks up? If so does the BIOS detect the drive?

I would try testing those things, perhaps even swapping out the data cable.

#9 Qas

Qas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2006 - 02:33 PM

Typically SATA drives do not have jumpers.

Does the drive spin when the PC powers up?
Does the drive work in another PC?
Will the PC detect the drive if you disconnect the CDROM?
Can you get into the BIOS before the PC locks up? If so does the BIOS detect the drive?

I would try testing those things, perhaps even swapping out the data cable.

yes teh drive spins
yes the drive works in another PC
No the mother board does not deteced i allso taken everyout my pc left my HDD, CPU and Ram to check still did not work

Yes i can getinto the bios before the pc looks up and the Bios does no detect it

The MB is Mexico (GA-8I945PM) motherboard

http://support.packardbell.com/uk/item/ind...sn=049681820226

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING GUYSSSSS

#10 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2006 - 10:43 AM

It's not a Mexico motherboard. They probably had it made in Mexico. That, sir, is a Gigabyte motherboard. I could tell from the model number. You could try to update the BIOS from the BIOS page at GigaByte

Edited by legoman786, 03 May 2006 - 10:43 AM.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#11 Qas

Qas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2006 - 11:12 AM

yep that is right it is made my Gigabtye but i dunno why then cal it mexic thanks well i cannot update the it becuase it does not detect the cd drive i have got a warrenty calim on it hopefully come on firday and ill tell you how i got it thanks EVERYONE who helped

#12 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2006 - 11:25 AM

No problem... Tell us how it all goes on Friday! I didn't help for nothing. :thumbsup:

- Rick Cook

#13 Qas

Qas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2006 - 05:08 AM

new motherbaord arivied

New motherboard fitted

New Motherbord WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(MY COMPUTER IS WORKING)

TAHNKS A MILLION YOU LOT

Can i just ask i downloaded the motherboard bios the new one from gigsbyte site it dont work. It says press enter nothing happens.

Normally i you have to do it through bios but you can do it by windows its like a batch file any idea how you do it thanks

#14 Qas

Qas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2006 - 09:23 AM

Ok new motherbord works BUT
it came with the Gigabyte Bios not the Mexcano Firmware as my is a packard bell machine i need to run the Mexcano motherbaord or ill have lots of probems.

I cannot flash the botherboard with the Packard bell firmware (Error)

Is there soming that will let me delete the bios so the cmos is blank. and i can re flash it using packard firmware thanks

#15 Qas

Qas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2006 - 11:13 AM

Hello i need my bios on a floppy as the bios is corputed and PB dont have the floppy Version they have ther Cd what do i do

imedia 1628

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users