Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't use Netflix or play Candy Crush on Facebook

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pleathers24

pleathers24

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

Someone gave me a Mac OSX Version 10.4.11 and I have no idea how come I can't use Netflix and I can't watch any videos or play Candy crush on Facebook, now this sometimes happened to me when I was on my laptop and there was something with the settings that I had to change and that was the actve x thing,I also cant get itunes, it says that I have to download it and I do and it does nothing afterwards.  I have no idea about computers so some help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Peggy

Edited by pleathers24, 05 November 2013 - 01:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:30 PM

Please see the following for how to Netflix on your MAC. You may need Flash from Adobe Flash for Candy Crush.

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,984 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:10 AM

Your problem is likely caused by Flash no longer supporting your computer's OS.

Discussion about that is the link below. There are some solutions that seem to work given there, too.

Which browser you are using is part of the solution to some of the Flash hacks.

Flash Player for Mac OS X 10.4.11...: Apple Support Communities

EDIT: If you do decide to install Silverlight note that it requires Silverlight 4 on your OS as shown in the link below.

Complete System Requirements for Silverlight | Support

Edited by buddy215, 08 November 2013 - 01:39 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users