Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Will I eventually really get help in Virus, Trojan, Spyware, & Malware Removal?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 grf

grf

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:11 AM

I posted logs and request for help 4 days ago in Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs. I know the time is 5 days BUT am a little worried. Hundreds of other topics since I posted seemed to get picked up and get attention and fixing, while mine sits there unattended.

I don't understand how this works--is there an assignment process for that forum? Or do volunteers just pick what they want? Did I not write a "cool" enough description and title? Or use certain buzzwords???

Will it get looked at by tomorrow? What do I do if it doesn't? Is there some poor person who goes back and cleans up all the ones not looked at. Delete and re-post with keywords that get attention?

I don't see the process to get helped for sure, and I do see some other poor little requests like mine that aren't being helped scattered in among those getting lots of attention.

Thanks for help and perspective!  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:47 AM

Hello grf

While we understand your frustration at having to wait, please note that Bleeping Computer deals with several hundred requests for assistance such as yours on a daily basis. As a result, our backlog is quite large, as are other comparable sites that help members with malware issues. Although our Malware Response Team work on hundreds of requests each day, they are all volunteers who contribute to helping members as time permits. No one is paid by Bleeping Computer for their assistance to our members.

New and more devious malware infections are released almost daily. It then takes time for our Team to investigate, analyze and test removal techniques before we can help members like yourself. Doing that means that we sacrifice speed of response for a quality response that will help remove the malware more effectively.

Further, our malware removal staff is comprised of team members with various levels of skill and expertise to deal with thousands of malware variants, some more complex than others. Not all staff members have access to or are familiar with every type of operating system version...some may only have Windows XP as they cannot afford to upgrade while others may only have Vista or Windows 7.

Although we try to take logs in order (starting with the oldest) but it is often the skill level of the particular helper and sometimes the operating system that dictates which logs get selected first. Some infections are more complicated than others and require a higher skill level to remove. Without that skill level attempted removal could result in disastrous results. In other instances, the helper may not be familiar with the operating system that you are using, since they use another. In either case, you wouldn't want someone to assist you who is not familiar with your issue and attempt to fix it, would you?

Your topic may look lost in the queue of many pages where others have posted for help since you did, but it will not be overlooked. The forum is set up so team members can view all the unanswered topics by clicking a special link only they can see.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible.  

If HelpBot replies to your topic, please follow Step One and CLICK the link so it will report your topic to the team members.

Thank you for understanding.
The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 grf

grf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:41 PM

Thanks, I  hadread how it works and was hopeful not impatient, but I saw so many others selected in the 10 pages since I posted. 5 days and waiting seems long.

Appreciate the nice response--thanks!

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:27 AM

You're welcome.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016