Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio + Keyboard Problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mariebee

mariebee

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:59 AM

I have a Dell Inspiron Duo running Windows 7, and when I'm watching videos or listening to anything--movies, music, etc--the audio messes up randomly. I've had a representative update my drivers and check other things, but it still does this. In the middle of whatever is playing it'll suddenly sound warped, like a broken record//skipping cd for a second or two then dive back in to playing. Any idea what this could be?

Also, simple thing: my spacebar and "t" buttons are lacking response/hard to press. Nothing's ever been spilled and nothing wedged between the keys or anything--can i fix this problem?

Thanks, 

Mariebee~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jaan101

Jaan101

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:13 AM

don't try getting stuff like that fixed it seems like you have a old computer and its starting to die out get a hp laptop recomanded

#3 mariebee

mariebee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:16 AM

don't try getting stuff like that fixed it seems like you have a old computer and its starting to die out get a hp laptop recomanded

The audio has been a problem since I got the computer, though, & I can't get a new computer any time soon

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

Can You bring up the Performance Monitor tab of the Task manager and see if there is a spike in CPU or memory that corresponds to the audio glitch?

Generally speaking what You are reporting for the Keyboard problem is the contacts being dirty or worn. I will be honest, If it were mine I would just replace it. The T key is usually fairly easy to remove on a Dell Desktop keyboard, However that probably will not help, Worth a try of course. Keeping in mind that if it goes bad You will for sure need a new keyboard. Desktop keyboards can usually be taken apart. However they also tend to have parts shoot out when taken apart.

Good Luck

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#5 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

Also can You post the Model of Your Dell Inspiron?

Thank You

Roger

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/

167 @ June 2015

#6 mariebee

mariebee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:09 AM

Where can I see the make/model?

#7 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:17 AM

is this what you have?

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-Convertible-Multi-touch-Windows/dp/B004KSNQ3Q

Dell Inspiron Duo Convertible Tablet with Intel Dual Core 1.5GHz, 10.1" Multi-touch Screen with WebCam, 2GB DDR3 Memory, 320GB Hard Drive, Windows 7 Home Premium

Since it looks like a laptop, I would not try taking the keys off. They have delicate, easy to break parts underneath.

Did You try seeing if there is a CPU spike when the problem occurs as I suggested previously?

I would go to this page and enter the service tag to see if there is any warranty left.

http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/19/Product/inspiron-duo

The service tag should be on the bottom of the laptop.

This is a link to the Dell Service manual

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_inspiron_laptop/inspiron-duo_service%20manual_en-us.pdf

Looking in the service manual I see that the Keyboard is easy enough to change. I saw the in the $30 to $50 price range when I looked on the Internet.

So I suggest checking the warranty, If it still has warranty, that would be the best way to go as I suspect that Your keyboard is bad.

The best test would probably be When the Dell Logo appears, start hitting F12, Then choose diagnostics. Test the Hard drive and I think there is a keyboard test. I don't have one in front of me to check with.

Good Luck

Roger

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users