Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 BSOD Error: 0x0000124

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 grashoper25

grashoper25

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:51 PM

So about a month now I have had problem with my computer freezing then it would crash and restart some times it would go to the blue screen showing me the error 0x00000124 which I've read things online that its about a driver overheating and stuff but I have no ideas. This is how it started to crash Ive had my computer for like 10-11 years and just about a month ago i started to play this Trading Card Game and I put it on fantastic graphics and I thought it wouldnt lag at all cause you know its a trading card game but then it froze and gave me that blue screen and I thought it was a virus but I highly doubt that it is because its from a big website but I don't Ive tried restoring and it hasnt done anything so please tell me what you might need to know on how to help me and here are some pictures: http://postimg.org/image/e7o4ssg1t/     

http://postimg.org/image/e93ruv093/

http://postimg.org/image/mir2vuu7j/

Edited by grashoper25, 04 November 2013 - 09:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:34 PM

Hi

A STOP 0x124 is always hardware related. Considering the age of your PC, i suspect one of the system component is in the end of it's lifespan. This kind of bue screen issues are hard to troubleshoot via remote assistance. Swapping core system components like CPU , PSU , Motherboard etc one by one is the recommended way to troubleshoot this particular issue. 

Let us begin with collecting some basic info about your system.

Please follow the below steps.

:step1: Upload the actual crash dump files.

You will find the crash dump files inside C:\Windows\Minidump folder. To copy the dumps, disable "User Account Control" first. Otherwise you may receive a permission error. After disabling UAC, copy and zip most recent three or more dumps to a single file. Either attach the zip with next reply using "More reply options --> Attach files" or use a free file hosting site. 

:step2: Publish a snapshot of your system using Speccy.

"Speccy" is a free tool which can list the hardware specs, temperature status, installed Windows updates, HDD SMART info etc of your system. Please read the below tutorial to know how to use "Speccy" to collect system info.

Don't paste the output displayed by "Speccy" here. Instead paste the web link it displays.

:step3: Minitoolbox log.

"Minitoolbox" can list all the installed programs as well as event log errors in your system. Download "Minitoolbox" from the below link.

Run the tool and only select the following tick boxes.

List last 10 Event viewer errors
List installed program
List users, partition and memory size
List Minidumps

Now click "Go" and post the output displayed in next reply.

#3 davnel

davnel

• Members
  • 590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:11 AM

Another thing to consider is that it might actually be an overheating problem. Fans and heatsinks collect dust worse than under your bed. Get a can of air or a good vacuum cleaner blower and clean out all of the little nooks and crannies that could collect dust. After 10 or 11 years you probably have a bunch.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:31 AM

Another thing to consider is that it might actually be an overheating problem. Fans and heatsinks collect dust worse than under your bed. Get a can of air or a good vacuum cleaner blower and clean out all of the little nooks and crannies that could collect dust. After 10 or 11 years you probably have a bunch.

Vacuum cleaners are great static electricity generators, even when used to blow the dust away.  All it takes is to touch the nozzle to one of the board components to discharge enough voltage to kill a component.

There are vacuum cleaners made specifically for cleaning computers, the issue of electrostatic discharges (ESDs) has been recognized and addressed in these.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 davnel

davnel

• Members
  • 590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

Excellent point, and very true. Also, ground yourself with a grounding strap, to the machine while working on it. Accidents and zaps are expensive.

#6 grashoper25

grashoper25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

I have no Idea which one to pick so heres a picture of what I see, there all really old ones sooo?

http://postimg.org/image/wimy7ypch/

Edited by grashoper25, 05 November 2013 - 04:23 PM.

#7 grashoper25

grashoper25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

I installed those programs and MiniToolBox worked fine but then I ran Speccy and it crashed so I thought it wouldnt work in safemode cause some things arent turned on during safemode so I tried to see if I could get back onto the regular one but it crashed again but with a different error something like 0x00000116 I think

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users