Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox - All Data Wipeout

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 vise

vise

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 01 May 2006 - 04:43 AM

Well - i was using firefox yesterday and it was all ok- my tabs and bookmarks were all there. But i load it up today - and guess what? All my tabs and bookmarks are just GONE!

Can any1 please tell me a reason for this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keithy397

keithy397

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2006 - 08:25 AM

Well - i was using firefox yesterday and it was all ok- my tabs and bookmarks were all there. But i load it up today - and guess what? All my tabs and bookmarks are just GONE!

Can any1 please tell me a reason for this?

Sounds like a Profile problem. Were you asked to create a new profile at any stage? If you were, click Start --> Run --> (type) firefox.exe -p --> Your Profile manager will open now, so select your original Profile and restart Firefox and you should be OK.

Sometimes Firefox hangs when closing and doesn't close out properly. Not so much these days, but occasionally it does. If this happens and you try to restart FF, it thinks it is already in use so will give you the option of opening a new profile. Should this ever happen, open your Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and in the Processes tab look for any instances of 'firefox.exe'. If there are any there right click and 'End Task'. Restarting will open your original profile.
Cheers

Keith

#3 vise

vise
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2006 - 09:03 AM

I already knew what you mentioned, but thank you nevertheless, And no - no profile manager came up. - i jsut switchede on firefox and all my tabs and bookmarks were - gone

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 01 May 2006 - 03:34 PM

Have you tried a reinstall?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Professional

Professional

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 01 May 2006 - 06:37 PM

I had the same problem after about three days of using Firefox, Just automatically erased all my Data! Bookmarks, History, Settings all and after posting here and few more forums no-one could help me and I just re-installed it and never got them back..
Posted Image

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2006 - 11:29 AM

Have you looked in your Profile folder to see if there's a file called, bookmarks.html?
This is a hidden folder.
You will have to set windows to show hidden files,
How to see hidden files in Windows
Then navigate to:
C:\ Documents and Settings \ user name \ Application Data \ Mozilla \ Firefox \ Profiles \ default.random characters \ Bookmark.html

If it's there double click it, and see if it contains a list of your bookmarks.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

#7 vise

vise
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2006 - 01:48 AM

ty for help although nothing worked lol

#8 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2006 - 09:45 AM

Since you weren't very specific, did you look in your Profile folder, as suggested.
Are there any files named bookmarks (bookmarks.html, bookmarks.bak, etc.).

#9 vise

vise
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2006 - 11:40 AM

nope

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users