Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello from Fort Drum

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gmuniz83

Gmuniz83

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

Hello everyone. I am new to the site (obviously). learned about it form doing some google searches to get rid of the start.quon8 PUP. Things were great getting rid of it until step 3. I am realizing I have bigger problems on my PC than this program and figured I should join and learn how to regularly maintain my computer since i can't really afford to just buy a new one whenever some idiot decides to blast out a virus or malware in hopes of destroying an expensive piece of property someone bought. 

I just dont get why people would do that. "Because I can" is not the right answer. And when I find the creator of these viruses, I will shove my issue M4 down his throat and tell him to please it before I unload a 30 round magazine into his stomach. 

J/K... but seriously... I'll do it. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:11 PM

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer

These days the malware is not done in hopes of destroying Your computer. It is actually done as a money making thing.

Just as interesting reading, Read these posts. You will see one way they monetize the Malware.

Cryptolocker Hijack program

Good Luck with Your Problem

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 roll

roll

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 AM

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:10 PM

Hello and welcome aboard :clapping:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users