Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

We are about to lose net neutrality. (one writers opinion)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

According to WIRED writer Marvin Ammori we are.

Were About to Lose Net Neutrality And the Internet as We Know It By Marvin Ammori 11.04.139:30 AM http://www.wired.com/opinion/2013/11/so-the-internets-about-to-lose-its-net-neutrality/

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 996 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:57 AM

Well, that's the 2nd time I've seen that article linked here at Bleeping Computer.

Had to read it slow and then re-read it...lots to digest and most of it seems depressing.

I'm trying to remember/remind myself that the Net really still is in it's infancy and these types of dealings (business and political) come with any new territory...but it still can be overwhelming and disheartening all in one fell swoop.

Nonetheless, thanks for posting it.

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

#3 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,736 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:02 AM

This may seem a bit naive, but all it would take to stop this nonsense is for one large Internet provider to stand up and say "yeah those other guys play those games, not us".   And then just sit back and listen to their phones ringing off the hook with people wishing to sign up.

Edited by Bezukhov, 10 November 2013 - 10:07 AM.

To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users